Drama

Mateo P.O.V

As soon as I opened the front door, I heard my father calling for me.

"Mateo, living room"

I knew it was going to be bad, and I started to be anxious as I entered the living room.
My sister was here, with even more hatred in her eyes, and both of my parents looked worried. I stayed silent, waiting for someone to explain the situation.

"Ok, what happened yesterday ?" Slowly asked my father.

Now I was terrified. I had a very bad feeling about this.
Before I could talk, my sister spoke.

"You selfish jerk! You tried to kiss my boyfriend !" She said with more volume than I expected.

"What ?" I asked honestly.

"You can drop your little act, Jason and Mike told me everything! And of course, Liam thinks you're the poor victim !" She accused me.

"Camilla, calm down, let him explain his point of view" firmly said, my mom.

"So, is it true ?" My father asked.

"Seriously, you all think I could do something like this ?" I said calmly, even if I was fuming inside.

"We don't know, that's why we ask," my mother said gently.

"Of course he's capable of doing it. He already did it before" my sister said.

Both of my parents stared at me with worry, like I was a creepy pervert.

"Okay, that's enough, you believe it, it's your problem, but I'm certainly not going to justify myself, especially not to you Camilla" I replied to all my family.

With that, I started to walk toward the stairs, ignoring my father saying things like 'Come back, this discussion is not over' but it was to me. I locked myself up in my room, and never got out for the rest of the day.

......

I woke up especially early the next morning, in order to avoid everybody. I got out as soon as I could. The positive point was that I successfully avoided everyone. The negative point was that this day was going to be awful. I braced myself for the wave of hatred I was going to deal with as I walked toward the school.
I arrived especially early, and some people were already here. Even some jocks were here. I soon understood why.
Someone tagged 'rapist' in big red letters on my locker. I stood there for a few moments, trying to realize what was happening to me.
I took long breathing, opened my locker, took my books, and walked as fast as possible to my first class.
Anxiety ate me up as I waited for my friends to arrive.
Stella barged into the classroom.

"I suppose you saw it ?!" She said with worry.

I wanted to cry so badly at that moment but contained everything inside.

"Yes," I blandly responded.

"Where is that coming from !" She exclaimed.

"Apparently, I tried to kiss Mike at the party" I answered, trying to stop emotion from coming out.

"You're kidding me ?"

"No, my parents also think I did it" I admitted.

"Oh my god, are you ok ?!" She said, hugging me.

Her question nearly made me cry. It was so good to have someone by your side. Jay soon arrived as well.

"I'm going to kill the one who did this !" He said.

It was rare to see him that angry. It surprised me. The lesson was boring as hell, and every single person was staring at me while whispering.
It was even worse in the hallways during the little break. I saw Liam running toward us.

"What's happening ?!" He immediately asked.

"The whole school thinks I'm a rapist, the usual" I answered, trying to act casual.

"Why ?"

"Something about kissing my sister's boyfriend at the party" 

"You can't be serious! I saw everything !" Liam complained.

Before I could answer, someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around to see an anxious Nathan behind me. He soon disappeared from my field of vision as Liam violently punched him.

"You little bastard !" Liam screamed.

I stayed still for a few seconds, processing what just happened. Fortunately, I reacted before he could punch him again.

"Liam stop! What do you think you're doing ?!"

"I finally understood who was the problem in the first place, the person responsible for all this shit" he affirmed with fury as I placed myself between him and Nathan.

"You're the 'drunk' guy aren't you ?!" He added.

"Liam stop !" I repeated.

"That piece of shit deserved it !" He defended.

"That's not the problem. This is not helping, because everyone thinks I'm manipulating you" I explained.

I looked at Nathan's bloody face as he stood up. I recognized remorse in his eyes. He didn't say a thing as he walked away.
Tensions filled the rest of the day, as whispers began to be more audible. Some insults were thrown along the way.
I was broken by the end of the day. I said goodbye to my friends and quickly walked back home.
I run into my bedroom, bracing myself for dinner. I knew I couldn't escape it.

"Dinner is ready !" My father's voice echoed in the house.

This dinner was the definition of awkwardness. I barely touched my food and asked if I could leave.

"You didn't eat anything !" My mother said.

"I'm not hungry"

My brother looked at me with surprise.

"Come on, eat a little," asked my father.

"I'm not hungry" I slowly repeated.

"What's happening ?" Softly asked my mother.

I scoffed. Then I exited the room without adding anything.
I couldn't sleep that night.