28: My (hidden) Feelings

Start from the beginning

"That's right." Mitsuki nodded in agreement. "That is our job, and our pride as an idol."

In the evening, IDOLiSH6 appeared on Mr Shimooka's live talk show. Of course, the famous MC did not waste a moment interviewing I6 about the hottest topic in the entertainment business right now. "Soo IDOLiSH6, do you know the true identity of the 'secret idol'?"

"You know what, we don't," Yamato answered. The audience went, "Ehhhh?"

"Oh my," Mr Shimooka said, making a wowed face. "Secret even to the idols in the same agency! Talk about mysterious. How do you feel about doing an opening act for Mr. secret?" He smiled.

"Fired up!" Tamaki shouted.

"We want to provide our fans with more than just an 'opening act'." Sougo elaborated on Tamaki's short speech.

"KYAAAAAA~!" The audience screamed for I6's fanservice, which was known in the show business as a subtle declaration of war.

~~

At Yaotome Productions, TRIGGER was called to Sousuke's office in the late night. Anesagi was already there, standing beside the president's desk. Sousuke turned his back to the idols, as usual.

"For Takanashi Productions to pull off something like that..." Anesagi asked with a frown on her face. "Do you think...?"

"Kujou Riku," The president said the name with a stern face, surprising TRIGGER members. "Takanashi is smart. By saying the agency has a 'secret solo idol', people are sure to talk about Kujou Riku."

"Old man, you mean..." Gaku spoke.

"Whether they have the boy or not, we do not know." Sousuke turned around. "What we do know is that the rumour has already begun to circulate."

"Wouldn't that hurt them more?" Tenn said, as a matter of fact. "Riku's fan base is extremely divided since his disappearance."

"That might be the case, but they are not just targeting his loyal fans," Anesagi explained while twirling her hair. "Think about it. I6 fans alone will already have half of the venue filled since it's not like they are performing only one song. They are doing five, which is considered a mini-live concert"

"The people who hope to see Riku-kun will buy tickets." Ryuu caught on and continued, striking a cool thinking pose. "Plus the people who buy tickets just for the thrill; it's a perfect marketing strategy."

"Hmph" Gaku was not convinced. "Even if the sales are successful this time, if the guy cannot live up to the audience's expectations, he is going to struggle." Tenn and Ryuu nodded along to that fact.

"I expect you three to keep doing your best, retain the business friendship with IDOLiSH6, and one more thing." Anesagi crossed her arms and turned to look at the youngest. "Tenn, if your twin brother appears as Nanase, the best way to handle it is to tell our fans the truth. Are you okay with that?"

Tenn nodded without hesitation. He even let a reserved smile appear on his face. "Certainly, Anesagi-san."

~~

The next morning, every member of TRIGGER had a day off, so each decided to have their own quiet day. Gaku decided to take a stroll around the park which had a large fountain in the middle. It was pretty crowded that day. Gaku must have had a special power or something. He walked around with only a pair of black sunglasses on and no one recognised him.

Winter meant no flowers. It would re-energise Gaku more to see them but it could not be helped. Bushes and tree branches without green leaves would have to do. Shops were open and children were playing as usual, making the cold winter seem like summer.