23: To the Void

"Your name. Change it back to Nanase."

Standing in front of the graveyard, Riku gave Tenn a blank look. Changing his name now would mean nothing. It had been too long since he became Kujou. Reverting his surname back to Nanase would mean nothing but trouble for Tenn if Riku ever ended up in an entertainment business again, which was not out of the question.

"I have discussed this with Gaku and Ryuu. Our president too." Tenn spoke calmly. He came prepared, as expected of a perfectionist. Gaku nodded along to confirm it was true.

"My old man only thinks about money." Gaku shrugged his shoulders. "Saying if after the craze of your disappearance dies down you were to reappear as an idol, then a collaboration would benefit TRIGGER." He rolled his eyes. Gaku knew his father had been keeping an eye on Kujou Riku as if he was waiting for a 'golden chance'.

"Of course, if that were to happen we would have to talk about our blood relations at some point." Tenn smiled a little thinking about how he would no longer have to be so distant to Riku on stage.

Riku bit his lip. Suddenly, he felt anger surge throughout his body. "Don't talk like it is so easy!!" He shouted at the two TRIGGER members. "Did you think I want my name to completely disappear from the world along with my songs?!?"

What Riku said wasn't too overdramatic. Public places such as restaurants and temporary event venues usually avoided playing Kujou Riku's songs in order to protect themselves from every possible talk and problem that was prone to come with them. It hit Riku hard because those songs were a big part of him that made him feel alive.

Tenn was afraid that Riku had misunderstood his intention. "Riku, that's not-"

Riku lunged at his twin brother and grabbed him by the shirt collar. "Father might have been very cruel to me, but he was still a part of my life. You weren't, Tenn-nii! Stop trying to take my life away!"

"Oi!" Gaku used his palm to push the redhead away then pressed the boy's shoulders before Riku could do anything to Tenn. "You are the one who is pushing him away, spoiled brat!" The oldest glared at Riku like a hawk hunting its prey. "You have no fucking idea how much Tenn cares about you! Seeing you being ungrateful pisses me off, Kujou."

"Gaku, stop! Please!" Tenn pleaded while hugging Gaku from the back. "Don't work Riku up anymore! He is hurting!"

"See?" TRIGGER leader continued to talk sense to Riku. "Even now, Tenn thinks about you! And you? You only think about yourself!"

Riku was taking deep breaths in an attempt to not lose himself to the demon of fury. Even Gaku could see that the boy had trouble keeping his intense emotions under control. "Tenn, let me go. I'm not going to hurt him." Gaku spoke to Tenn softly so Tenn slowly loosened his grip.

"We will talk again when you've calmed down, Kujou." Gaku took out his car key and signalled for the twins to follow. "Go sit inside the car first."

Gaku and Tenn sat quietly in a stationary car to give Riku time to deal with himself. Tenn occasionally rubbed Riku's shoulder or thigh gently. "You'll be okay, Riku. You'll be okay." He whispered.

"I'm sorry, Tenn-nii." After a few minutes, Riku gave his twin brother a loose hug. "I shouldn't have said those things."

Tenn ruffled Riku's hair. "Don't worry. I know you're going through a tough time. Still, aren't you a silly boy? Whatever was a part of your life will always remain a part of it. It won't disappear just by changing your name."

"But I've changed, haven't I? Since I became Kujou Riku."

"Yes," Tenn smiled lightly. "But Riku is and will always be my Riku."