12|KNOW THY ENEMY

Start from the beginning

"Well," Caroline huffs. "He's not missing in general. But I can't find him anywhere."

"Are you sure she's not the dumb blonde?" Katherine taunts.

"Katherine," Grayson scolds. "For the love of God, if you don't shut up—"

"Yeah?" The Pierce perks up. "What'll you do?"

"You're with Katherine?" Caroline grumbles, distaste lacing her voice.

"I thought we were talking about Matt," Grayson reminds the girl.

"Right," the Forbes sniffs. "He's not at home. He's not answering his phone."

"How could you let him go?" Grayson groans. "You fed him your blood and then sent him off into the real world like that's something that happens everyday?"

"No," Caroline says defensively. "My mom walked in. He took off. I didn't know what to do."

"Did your mom hear anything?" Grayson asks.

"No," Caroline replies. "She just thinks we're fighting but he knows about me, and he's freaking out about Vicki."

The Hunt rolls her lips. "So what do you want from me?"

"Grayson!" Caroline cries. "I called because I need your help deciding what to do!"

Grayson pauses, furrowing her eyebrows. "Um, go find him, Caroline. Calm his ass down, knock him out if you have to. I don't care,"

"Is he still on Vervain?" Katherine questions absently.

The Hunt hums, "is he still on Vervain, Caroline?"

"I slip it into his soda when he's at work, but I didn't get to last night, so it's out of his system." The girl sighs heavily before making a sound of realization, "He has a catering shift at the Lockwood's today! I'm gonna try there."

"You do that," Grayson says before abruptly ending the call.

Her eyes travel back over to Katherine, observing the girl as she paints her nails a deep red. "I like it," she comments.

Katherine's eyes flick up, a flash of surprise glimmering in her eyes. "Thanks." She smirks, "it's the blood of my enemies."

Grayson glances down at her own red, chipped nails and doesn't say a word.

•••

Grayson practically slams into the wall as she comes to a stop in front of Damon, Bonnie, and Jeremy, her eyes wide with panic. "What? What is it?"

Bonnie stares at the vampire, confusion evident on her face. "What?"

"What do you mean, what?" Grayson fires back. "Damon texted me and told me that you guys were in trouble."

Jeremy snorts, "it's Damon, Grayson."

Grayson glares at the said man. "Right," she sniffs. "Jackass."

Damon grins at her before opening the door, taking a big step into the apartment to check the threshold. "Yep," he chirps. "Everybody's dead."

Grayson eyes Luka's dead body, "no shit."

"We should pack up the grimoires," Bonnie says as she and Jeremy shuffle in past the vampires. "They spent years collecting them. I wanna make sure they're safe."

Damon nudges Grayson and nods to Luka's body, "You know, we could just get another match and cremate him."

Grayson snickers, cutting herself off when Bonnie gives her a sharp look.