07 | RUN

Today just seems to be a day for updates all around huh? Well, here is the update for Luna that would have been finished quite a while ago if some things hadn't took place. Sorry for the delay, I hope you guys enjoy and please review!

FINALLY THE PLOT IS MOVING!

::

LOKI GRUMBLED TO HIMSELF AS HE'D BEEN FINALLY RELEASED TO GO BACK TO HIS ROOM. Not without his brother's watchful eyes, of course. The Avengers had come to a decision; thinking it best to house the woman until they figured out what to do about her.

They had eventually came to reason, that Loki was not the cause of her appearance, but he knows they doubted still.

It didn't matter to him, he was planning to stay as far from the woman as possible.

"Are you certain you did not summon her here by mistake? She is clearly not of earth, she speaks as though she is of our realm."

Loki rolled his eyes as Thor broke the silence between them, he couldn't dare hide the fact that his question irked him. He shifted on his feet as the elevator moved upwards towards the floor they shared, and sighed.

"Yes I'm certain." Loki says calmly, "I do not make mistakes, Thor. It was not my magic." He once again found himself defensive - and he had all right to be, he's not going to take another's blame. "When she woke, she spoke a language unknown to me."

Thor chuckled, a low sound that rumbled in his chest, "There are many languages in the nine realms, brother, who's to say you missed one during your incessant studying?"

"It is because of my incessant studying that I know that the language she spoke did not originate from any of the nine realms."

Thor remained silent for a moment, seemingly thinking over Loki's words a small furrow between his brows. Loki bit his tongue, stopping himself from telling his brother to not try so hard.Thor wasn't as stupid as he seemed - he does not surpass Loki's intellect however, the thunderer would come to his conclusion given time.

"Well, wherever the girl appeared from, I'm sure the others will find a way to return her, with our aid of course,"

Loki scoffed and shook his head, "Ah, your precious Avengers. We'll see how far they would go."

Eventually they would have no choice. This was something way beyond their knowledge, Loki was certain that not even Thor had a full understanding.

Thor studies him for a moment, "You hold too little faith in them, brother,"

The elevator slowed to a stop and the doors slid open, Loki stepped out first, with Thor following behind and matching his pace.

"I have little faith in many things." He says softly, leaving his brother behind to slip into his room.

              •°•°•° ⟨⟨  ⟩⟩ °•°•°•

LUNA FOLLOWED CLOSELY AFTER STEVE, LEAVING BEHIND THE SOFT WHISPERS OF THE AVENGERS.

She's never even heard of such a group. Who are they? And that man - Loki - she was still unsure of him. It was impossible for him to have gotten past the protective barrier of her mind, ones that she have perfected that even the most powerful mind reader couldn't do it. But yet, he did.

So far, she trusted no one, even Steve who has been nothing but kind to her had left space for doubt to grown in her mind. She did not want to let her guard down around these people, whoever they were. She supposed now, she would just have to face the tides. For reasons unknown to her, she was unable to commune with Sol, it was though, upon entrance to this world, she had lost connection to her own.

It all had her worried, not once had she been unable to console with him, she feared, if things were not returned to their natural order it may as well remain so.

"Where are you taking me?" Luna questions softly, noting how Steve had shared no words with her since they left the company of the others.

"Somewhere you could stay until we could work out a way to send you back from wherever you came from." He replied, with no malice in his words and an easy smile that lit in his blue eyes.

After a few moments and a ride upwards in the metal box she now learned was called an elevator, Steve led Luna to a door in a long hall. The room he presented to her didn't seem to belong to anyone, there were no personal belongings, no sheets in a disarray, nothing to make it look lived-in. The walls were white and bare, so were the sheets neatly tucked  into the large bed in the center of the room.

It made Luna feel trapped, as though she were being held prisoner. She felt Steve's eyes on her, because she moved no further than the threshold of the door. She could feel his worry for her radiating off of him.

"Are you alright?" Steve had eventually questioned, watching her carefully.

It took Luna a moment, for her thoughts to stop swarming her mind at such an alarming rate. She turned her head to watch him, unable to stop the tears that pooled in her eyes.

"No, I am not alright." Her voice shook, "I want to go home."

A gentle sigh blew from the man's nose as his shoulders dropped and he took in her state. "We'll get you home," he promised.

                •°•°•° ⟨⟨  ⟩⟩ °•°•°•

LUNA BREATHED SLOWLY, TRYING TO CALM HER HEARTBEAT, WHICH BY THIS POINT WAS READY TO GO THROUGH THE ROOF. Sweat rolled down the sides of her face, clinging her hair to her neck and arms, her lungs burned as they begged for deeper breaths. Her sweat stung the small cuts that marred her skin - the ones she scored running for her life.

The bark of the tree she leaned against dug into her soft skin, making her wince. The air around her was cold, it showed the harsh breaths she took as it fogged and disappeared at her lips. It occured to Luna that she had no idea what she was running from.

The sky above held no stars, and the moon was not there to guide her, it was nothing but inky blackness swirling around her. It made her realize that she was utterly alone and powerless. She was frightened, her head swarming with thoughts that refused to settle, she gripped her hair, tangling the thick locks between her fingers. She could not reach out her brother, their link severed once again, she didn't feel his presence in her mind like she always had, it was snapped away like a rubber band.

She could feel something was following her, it didn't persue her quickly, but like a predator to prey, slow, and every move calculated to trap her where she was. The sound of a twig snapping was loud in her ears, startling her, she spun to the direction of the noise, her breath stilling in her chest and her heart threatening to beat right out of it. Then there was silence, an eerie one, there was no sound of nocturnal birds or insects chirping.

Another snap had her taking a sharp breath, oxegen rushing to her head, it made her dizzy. Then she felt it - whatever was following her was right there - right behind her. The presence was unlike her brother, not warm and inviting like the days of spring, or the first light of day. It was darkness, empty and cold and harsh in its grip, like the bottom of a pitch black lake where not even sunlight could reach.

It was claws of ice, digging into her mind, gripping at her consciousness. The edges of her vision blurred dangerously, dipping into blackness for a moment and her stomach knotted in fear. Fear unlike any other she'd felt, her breath quickened, her fingers trembled where they still gripped her hair.

An almost quiet laugh sliced through the silence that surrounded her, almost stopping the frantic beating of her heart. She pressed her back against the dark tree, knowing that it would not be of any use because they had found her. There was no where else she could run and hide.

"Do you think you can run from me, Moon child?"