02 | THE WOMAN IN THE MOON

Notes: Welcome back! Thank you to everyone who voted and commented on the first chapter! I'm glad you guys are liking it, I've got so much in store for this story :)) See you next Thursday for chapter three!

::

“It is a beautiful and delightful sight to behold the body of the Moon.“

Galileo Galilei

::

THE SUN LIGHT WAS BLINDING, STREAMING IN THROUGH THE WINDOW LOKI HAD FORGOTTEN TO COVER. He groaned softly, shifting on the floor of his room, raising a hand to shield his eyes from the onslaught of bright light entering them.

Loki had decided then, to never fall asleep on the floor again. He tugs the curtains closed harshly, blocking out the light of day. Though as he sat up, and looked across to his bed, he had distinctively remembered getting into it during the night. The sheets were clearly rumpled, thrown back as though he had kicked them off.

Loki stared silently, for a moment, but thought nothing of the matter further. It was unlike him to sleepwalk, or forget things for that matter, but most of what happened during the night after the feeling, was a blank to his mind.

With another groan, Loki pushes himself off the floor, stretching his back and neck as the uncomfort of spending the night there reared it's head.  Feeling pleasantly annoyed and unrested, Loki drags his feet towards the bathroom.

It wasn't long before he was out again, feeling refreshed and a lot less annoyed than when he woke up. He straightens his rumpled sheets, and moved towards his table to make it look a little more presentable, though he had no guests.

The events of last night was still fresh at the forefront of his mind, and it refused to leave. If he hadn't been so introverted, he would've left his room by now and asked if anyone had saw it. He thought better on the matter and after a moment, decided he would spend his day, in his room, like he always does.

He know Thor frowns upon his behavior, thinking it better to try to get to know everyone else beyond the bitterness between them all. The first time he voiced his suggestion, Loki had been glad to remind him that he was not one of them, and would like to remain alone. It was better that way anyhow, he would rather not have to face the Avengers when they all give him hard looks.

As though they know the reasoning behind his actions, as though they understood.

They never would.

And Loki would rather it remain that way. He was comfortable being the outcast, being on the outside looking in, right where he was. Perfectly safe guarded. 

There wasn't much to do, about the room, Loki didn't make a mess, he fashioned himself a very tidy man, so there was nothing much to clean. So he scanned the book shelf yet again and this time, tugged a book free of it.

He runs a hand delicately over the leather bound cover, with a smile. His books were one of the only things he was allowed to leave Asgard with, as Odin allowed. It did, keep him out of trouble, having no interest to do anything else. 

As he settled against the headboard of his bed, and crossed his feet at the ankles, ready to forget the world around him, a knock came to his door.

Loki had almost groaned, and considered if he should get up and unlock to the door, or if he should open his book and pretend he hadn't heard. He knew who was on the other side of the door, but that didn't mean he wanted to open it.