"That's a great idea!" claps Ruben.

"Ok, so I'll throw it together. Ruben, will you head upstairs and get my girl?" I asked, standing up to get the chain ready for the team and knowing it was not going to take long to complete. It will be ready when she comes down the stairs!

***************

Makena's POV

It seemed like forever before the door opened and it wasn't Jesse who opened it; it was Ruben.

"Come on Makena, Jesse wanted me to come and get you and take you downstairs for a little meeting." He steps to the side, holding the door open. I glanced at him inquisitively and rushed right past him. Running as fast as I could for the stairs, I stopped at the top just as I saw Jesse down at the bottom, with a sinister smile on his face.

"And where exactly are you going?" He let out a little chuckle as if I had amused him with my escape attempt. "Let me tell you something right now, my dear. You won't be going anywhere; any time soon. You have to adjust to your new life; and your new home, with me."

I widen my eyes and freeze, I hear Ruben's footsteps coming closer behind me. I feel as he grabbed both of my wrists and clasped the cuffs on them. I cannot stop the tear from falling down my face. "I'm sorry Makena, but this is more for your sake than mine. You don't want to get on his bad side!" He whispers as he guides me down the stairs. We walked right past Jesse who just stood there watching. He winked at me as Ruben walked me past him.

After getting into the den, I noticed that the room had a big brown leather sectional in the middle. On one wall was a computer, and the other walls were lined with books. I didn't see a television here, I wondered why. Ruben walked me over to the sectional and made me sit down, pushing me down roughly.

I froze in fear when I heard rattling chains. Jesse bent down and wrapped the chain around my waist, locking it with a bolt and key. When he had placed it around my waist, he uncuffed my hands. I glared at him. How could he claim to want me, to love me, and still do this to me?

We all sat in silence, I wondered what was going on... I wondered what he would say next. I didn't want to listen to anything he said. What I wanted to do was run, but that was going to be rather difficult with this chain wrapped tightly around my waist. So I sat there with my hands in my lap, feeling awkward and waiting for someone to speak.

Then Curtis clears his throat, "Jesse, I think it's time to tell her everything," he says with a smile as if to comfort me.

"Okay, you're right I should tell her why I brought her here." Jesse turns his attention to me, and I stare into his eyes. "I'm sorry, I just needed some time to let it all sink in. I can't believe that you're here, that you're all mine!"

"She looks like she's going to start crying any minute now, Jesse." Ruben turns to me and places a sweet smile on his face.

"Fine, I get it! ", He turns and stares down at me, "So I already told you how I feel, maybe this is the time for me to be completely honest with you." He stands up and starts pacing back and forth. "The day you called Ruben's house. I was so overwhelmed by jealousy that I got carried away."

I don't know what came over me, but I had to say something. "You think?"

"I know so, I tried to apologize to you remember? You wouldn't let me, refusing to open your door after I showed up on your doorstep. I then tried to get over you, by dating girl after girl after girl. But your not an easy girl to forget, none of the girls ever did it for me after I realized that I wanted you and I couldn't have you. You became the one that got away, Even in college when I tried my hardest to get serious with another girl. I had dated the same girl for over a year, she wanted more than what my broken heart could give her and I ended up breaking hers in return. You were the one I wanted, you are the one that I love!" He sits down right next to me, grabbing for my hands. I pull them back, unwilling to touch him right now.

I wanted to get back at him so I blurted out, "Just so you know, I knew about your feelings for me! I first heard about it the day before our graduation."

"Wait, how?"

"Are you kidding me right now? The message you wrote to me in my book made Jake reveal the truth to me!" I answer his question with a small smile.

"He told you?" He looked pissed.

I stare at him, angry at this whole situation. "Of course he told me, I gave him no choice but to tell me!" I tell him.

"Well, that wasn't in the deal we made, he promised me he wouldn't tell anyone. What an Asshole!" He growls at me, I flinch and back away from him.

I look up into his brown eyes, daring his anger... "Ok, so he told me something he shouldn't. What are you gonna do about it now?"

"I'm not going to do anything about it, but moving on... Since I couldn't get over you, I tracked you down. I got these two knuckleheads to help me, and yes, they're receiving something for it. In any case, I spent a good bit of money searching for you and I guess that's what matters the most. I was surprised to find out that you're single, may I ask that why?" he asks in a sweet tone.

"You want to know why I'm single?"

"Yep," he replied, smiling.

"Well, that's kind of a personal story!" I snap at him.

"Just tell me, love."

"Please stop with that!" I shout at him, I flinch as he covers my mouth, forcing me to stop.

"I will never stop calling you by your nickname. So please stop asking me that!" He growls at me with amusement in his eyes.

"Fine, I was engaged two years ago!" I yell as I pinch myself.

"Really? What happened?" Ruben sends me a mischievous grin, and Jesse gave him a look. Then turning his attention back to me, motioning me to continue.

"Well... As the last two weeks of the wedding approached, he decided to take a bachelor's trip to Vegas, where he was killed in a hit and run. It remains unsolved. Apparently, hit-and-runs are notoriously hard to solve, so it might never be solved." I looked down towards the floor and let a few tears fall down my cheeks. I felt so awkward about sharing this information about Malcolm.

"Oh wow, that's horrible! I'm so sorry for your loss!" Jesse leans forward and reaches for me before he could touch me Curtis cuts in.

"Oh, come on man, if he hadn't been killed she would have been married by now! This is clearly a blessing in disguise that he is no longer around."

Clearing his throat and narrowing his eyes at Curtis, "Really, Curtis?"

He throws his hands up, shaking his head. "What?" He looks at Jesse blankly. "Oh and Makena, I am so sorry to hear about your loss, it's really sad." He frowns as he speaks.

Not knowing what to do, I just looked up at him and whispered... "Thank you."

"So just to make things clear, I'm grateful that she's not already engaged," he growls out, looking at the other two.

"But..."

"But look at her Ruben, this whole thing clearly still affects her. She's not over the guy, I do not like seeing her sad!" I quietly watch the exchange between the two guys, they all looked so angry. I was not going to willingly put myself in the crosshairs of an argument.

"I realize that, but come on dude. Be serious right now! You have your girl man, I mean you really have her... She's sitting right here!" He says motioning towards me. "We are still trying to locate mine!" Curtis eyes Jesse carefully.

"I'm delighted to finally have my girl, but right now is not the time to argue about all of this!" He growled out, squeezing his fists at his sides. He glances at me again ensuring I have his attention. "I do have a few rules for you to follow while here. Follow my rules, you'll be treated like a queen, but break any of my rules and you'll find yourself suffering the consequences. Understand?"

"Yes..."