"Can I help you, dear?" The secretary asked.

"My name is Eliana Cullen." Elianna said. "I'm a new student."

"Oh yes." The secretary said. "Here is your schedule with your locker number and combination."

"Thank you." Eliana said, taking the papers. She walked out of the office.

"Here. Let me see your schedule." Alice said. Eliana handed Alice the schedule. "It looks like you have at least one of us in all of your classes." Alice said. "So, we'll be able to help you throughout the day." Eliana nodded. "Your first class is history, which Jasper is in." Alice said. "And your locker is next to Rosalie's."

"Come on." Jasper said. "Let's get to class." Eliana followed Jasper.

When they walked into the classroom, she handed the teacher a piece of paper and sat at an empty desk next to Jasper.

"Welcome, Ms. Cullen." The teacher said.

Later that afternoon, Eliana made her way to the cafeteria. As she walked, she saw people staring at her and whispering about her. They had been doing it all day. Thanks to her vampire hearing, she was able to hear everything.

"Who's that?" Someone had asked.

"That's Eliana Cullen. She's Dr. Cullen's niece." Another person said. "I heard that he's her guardian now."

"I wonder if she's weird like the rest of them." A third person said.

"Probably." Someone else said. "She is a Cullen."

Eliana ignored everyone and walked into the cafeteria. She grabbed a tray of food, for appearance, and went to where the other Cullen kids were. "What's with everyone staring and whispering about me?" Eliana asked.

"It's because you're with us." Alice said.

"What do you mean?" Eliana asked.

"Ever since we moved here, everyone thinks we're weird because we keep to ourselves." Jasper said.

"That doesn't seem weird to me." Eliana said.

"It could also be because we pose as siblings, but we don't hide the fact some of us are together." Rosalie said. "Like me and Emmett. And Jasper and Alice."

"Ahh ok." Eliana said.

"Hey beautiful." Tyler Crowley said to Eliana.

"And what's his deal?" Eliana asked. "He keeps hitting on me." Tyler was in her English class and ever since they met, he had been flirting with her.

"At least he's not hitting on me." Bella said. Eliana looked at her confused. "When I first got here, Tyler and some of the other guys did the same to me." Bella said.

"It's because you were new." Edward said.

"So just because I'm the new girl, they're hitting on me now?" Eliana asked.

"Looks like it." Bella said.

After school, Eliana grabbed her stuff from her locker and headed out of the school. As she was walking through the parking lot, Tyler came up to her.

"Hey. You're Eliana, right?" Tyler asked.

Eliana rolled her eyes? "Yeah." She said.

"I'm Tyler." Tyler said. "We're in English together."

"I know." Eliana said. "Did you want something?"

"I know this is your first day and we just met, but I was wondering if you wanted to go to prom with me." Tyler said.

"No thank you." Eliana said. "Dances aren't my thing."

"Oh." Tyler said. "Ok then."

Eliana quickly walked over to the Jeep. Emmett was laughing when she got to the Jeep. "Shut up." Eliana said as she got in.

Later that evening, Eliana walked into library and saw Jasper. "Hello Eliana." Jasper greeted her.

"Hello." Eliana said. "Mind if I join you?"

"Not at all." Jasper said.

Eliana grabbed a book off a shelf and sat on the couch. "Can I ask you something?" She asked.

"Go ahead." Jasper said as he set his book down.

"What did you mean earlier when you said you get what I was going through?" Eliana asked.

"I didn't have the same upbringing as my adopted siblings." Jasper started. "I had joined the Confederate Army when I was 17. It didn't take me long to become a major. I was riding back to Galveston when I came upon three woman, Maria, Lucy, and Nettie. They were all vampires. Maria turned me into one. During that time, there were vampire wars going on in the South. She used me to create a newborn army to try regain back territories. She had me train the newborns and when the time came, kill them, not letting them live past the first year. Because of my ability to feel others emotions, I could feel everything they felt as I killed them. By 1938, I ended up leaving Maria after an old friend that I had fought alongside with came back and told me that vampires in the North could coexist and asked me to go with me. I immediately agreed and left Maria. Ten years later, I met Alice at a diner in Philadelphia. She told me the visions she had of the family and went in search of them. We finally found them around the 1950s. Unlike the rest of my family and because of my upbringing in the beginning after being turned, I was never taught how to control my bloodlust and therefore have a difficult time around around humans. I still haven't perfected it."

Eliana was quiet.

"So, I understand how you are feeling with changing from drinking human blood to animal so quickly. And having to be around humans." Jasper said.

Eliana nodded. "Does it get easier?" She asked.

"Yes, but it does take a while. As I said before, I've been drinking animal blood for a few decades now and I still have trouble controlling my thirst around humans." Jasper said. "Just hang in there. And, all of us will help you get through it."

"Thank you, Jasper." Eliana said.

"You're welcome, Eliana." Jasper said. They both continued reading for the rest of the night."