"This prophecy is from a long time ago, right? Well, it's possible that any mention of a fifth hero could of been lost. It's not that unheard of." At least, that's the plot of some video games I've played.

"I guess you could be right. But we must focus on the now instead of what could of happened in the past. With the next wave coming so soon, there is no time to waste."

"What would you like me to do?" Himari asked.

"Start an adventure. Level up your weapon and unlock the secrets it holds. Gather a team and prepare yourself for the next wave."

Himari nodded hesitantly. She was still trying to wrap her head around all of this. Her, be a hero? She was a high school second year for heaven's sake! She ate convenient store pizzas and wasted time hanging at the mall with friends or playing video games, and now she was some kind of forgotten hero? At this point she was really starting to question her sanity. When she realized the queen was staring at her, she nervously cleared her throat, "You want me to start an adventure, but I can't really do that if I don't know the first thing about this world."

The queen was quiet for a second before she started speaking. "Of course, I could only imagine what waking up in an unfamiliar world would be like. I will send someone to accompany you to the nearest town where you can find out more about our world, as well as give you some gear and silver for the start of your journey." She turned and looked out the window, "One last thing. What we have discussed in this room, as well as you being the possible fifth hero must be kept quiet. I am unaware of what could happen if knowledge of this was released out into the world."

Himari nodded and watched as the queen clapped her hand and the doors behind her opened, a maid walking into the room.

"Please help Lady Himari get prepared. Give her some basic gear and a bag containing 600 silver."

"Yes your majesty." The maid said and she walked up to Himari, "Please, come this way, my lady."

"Oh, o-of course." Himari said, and she followed the woman through the hallways. She followed her into a room, where a few other maids were already waiting. She was placed behind a small screen and the maids started to undress her.

"W-Wait!" Himari said, taking a step away from the maids, her cheeks starting to turn red. "I-I can get dressed myself. I don't need anyone to... to undress me."

The maids paused, then bowed.

"Of course, M'lady. Please forgive us. We will wait just on the other side of this screen in case you need any help." They walked away and Himari was left alone. She let out a sigh if relief and started undressing, grabbing the clothes that the maids had laid out for her and slowly changing into them.

The outfit was rather basic. There was a tight black spandex material that went under a sleeveless purple dress. There was a breastplate that slid on over the dress as well as two metal arm cuffs that fit just above her elbows. Both of the cuffs had pale purple gems embedded in them. Next, there was a pair of brown boots and black stockings. Lastly, there was a white hooded cape, which she hooked to around her neck with a pale purple gem. She looked at herself in the mirror, feeling out of place in the outfit, though she guessed she would get used to it.

She stepped out from behind the screen, seeing that the maids were waiting for her. Silently they motioned for her to follow them and they guided her back down to the entrance of the mansion, where a man was standing attentively at the doorway. When he spotted her he saluted.

"Pleasure to be accompanying you, Lady Himari." He said, placing a hand on his chest and bowing slightly.

Himari bowed her head, and turned to look at a maid who broke from the group with a leather bag in her hands.

"Please, accept this. 600 silvers to help you start out." She said.

"Oh, uh, thank you." Himari said, grabbing the bag and bowing her head again.

"And the queen asked us to give you this. It will allow you to enter the town, as well as get into places restricted normally for only royalty and the heroes. The queens says she trusts you to use it wisely." The maid handed her a small pin. It had a purple gem on the end of it with what Himari assumed was the royal crest carved into it.

"Thank you. I'll be sure to keep it safe."

the maid curtsied and moved back to join the other maids, who were now lined up in front of the grand staircase. Once she had gotten to her place, hey all curtsied, "Have a safe journey." They all said in unison, which kinda creeped Himari out.

"Now, Lady Himari, let us proceed!" The knight said, and he started walking out the door, after thanking the maids one last time, Himari quickly moved to follow after him.

And just like that her adventure as the Battle Axe Hero started.

***
Picture of Himari's new outfit!

***Picture of Himari's new outfit!