Don't Hurt Her!

Nezumi's P.O.V.

  Ever since I save Erika, everyone at school started to treat me differently but due to dealing with them being mean to me, I tried to ignore it all. However, Rikiga told me that I should try to make more friends because it'll be good for me. So, I decided to talk to Erika again and ask if she wanted to hang out with my friends and I.

   Erika and Shion actually became very close friends with each other and Safu and Inukashi started to become friends with Erika. Eventually, Erika's twin sister, Emiko, her guy friend, Kaichi, and Emiko's boyfriend, Hisaki, joined the group as well. I made a guy group with Rikiga, Kaichi, and Hisaki, and when the girls were to busy, I would usually hang out with them. I actually helped Kaichi get a date with Erika.

   A month went by and I took Rikiga's advice of joining the drama club; there were a lot of people who talked to me and told me that I was a good actor. Daichi, however, still tried to bully me any chance he gets but when Rikiga, Kaichi, and Hisaki started to hang out with me more, Daichi started to get imitated by them and one day, he just stopped.

   I don't know why but I was just glad that I didn't have to hear his comments. Anyway, it was a Friday and I was hanging out with both the girls and the guys; we were just chatting during lunch and I was enjoying hanging out with them, which is a first. During the conversation, Safu told Shion that she was planning on become event planner and asked if she could use Shion's room to decorate it.

  Shion, who didn't really mind, said of course and since Shion was going to be helping mom out with the bakery, it wouldn't be a problem, she just had to let her mom know first. Shion's mom owns a bakery in the town and Shion usually helps out on the weekends, sometimes. The class bell then rang and we then headed to our class. I didn't think about the conversation too much but little did I know, was something bad was going to happen tomorrow.

Time Skip to Next Day...

(Warning: This part of the book contains abuse, you have been warned)

   I was on the computer, listening to Shakespeare plays while doing my homework; mom wasn't home, so, I was just the only one home, or so I thought. When the Act One of Twelfth Night ended, I then heard someone yell from downstairs. I knew it was a male voice and at that moment, I knew that my dad was home. He didn't sound drunk, so, I knew that he was not drunk; I then heard loud thuds coming from the stairs.

    I quickly closed the lid on the computer and went to lock the door to my room but I was too late, cause HE opened the door. Dad was in his usual clothes, a plain T-shirt and long shorts; he almost smelled the smell of alcohol. "You went camping and didn't tell me?!" my dad yelled angrily and I said, trying to remain brave, "I didn't think you'd mind." My dad then grabbed my ear and said angrily, "I DO mind, when you live in my house, you live by my rules, and I thought I told you that I wanted you to keep to your studies, not gallivant around with a bunch of pathetic friends." "Take that back," I said a bit mad and dad said angrily, "don't talk back to your father." He then let go of my ear and pushed me into a desk, which hurt.

   I fell to the ground in pain as I tried to get back up; wait a minute, how did dad find out about the camping trip? Like dad read my mind, he then said angrily, "I got an email from your teacher, telling me that you went into a cave to 'save' someone." Well, at least I know how he found out; "Erika needed help, she was lost and couldn't get out of the cave," I said and dad said angrily, "I don't care if she was captured by 'flying monkeys,' you should've stayed out of it-" At that moment, my phone started to vibrate.

    Dad picked up the phone and I saw the caller ID, as he picked it up; it was Shion. "Who's this?" dad asked still angry and I said, "a friend." "I know you're lying boy," dad said angrily as he threw the phone onto the bed and walked back over to me, "I know she isn't just a friend Nezumi." "Dad, leave Shion out of this," I said, "she has nothing to do with this." Dad then started to kick me in the stomach as he yelled, "so, she means something, perhaps this 'Shion' should know what a pathetic excuse of a son I have."

     "Rat? Is everything okay?" We both heard someone yell scared that sounded like Shion; dad must've pressed the answer and speaker button on my phone when he threw my phone on the bed. Oh crap, this is not good; if Shion starts to worry, then dad would hurt her. "Rat? If you're messing with me, this isn't funny," Shion asked/said scared, "please say something!" I could tell she's worried; I needed to do something.

     Dad didn't do anything which gave me the opportunity to get up, while in pain, and walk over to the phone. When I picked it up, I said, "Shion, everything's okay, I just got into a fight is all." "Rat, is someone hurting you?" Shion asked still worried and I said, "no, no, everything's fine, I just got into a disagreement." "Where are you?" Shion asked which made me start to worry as I asked, "at home, why?"

    "I'm coming over," Shion said and I said immediately, "Shion, don't, really, I'm fine." "No, you're not," Shion said, "I'm finishing work now, so, I'll hurry as fast as I can." "Shion, no-" I said but interrupted when Shion hanged up; this is not good. I looked back at dad, who just starred at me angrily before walking out of the room, slamming the door in the process. When I heard dad lock the door to my room, I immediately knew that he was going to do something to Shion.

    I ran to the door as I tried to open it then starting to bang on it, hoping for dad to open it. "Dad! Please! Don't do this," I yelled, "don't hurt her! Please!" I felt tears fall down my face as I banged on the door; if I don't do something, then as Shion would get hurt. I then realized that I still had my phone; so, I called Inukashi, Safu, Rikiga, Erika, Emiko, Kaichi, and Hisaki and informed them on the situation.

    Rikiga actually called the police and told me that they'll be there as quickly as possible. Safu was nearby, so, she said that she'll try to stop Shion; while Inukashi, Erika, Emiko, Kaichi, and Hisaki said that they're on their way to try to convince my dad to leave Shion alone and to let me go. I think there's no way to convince my dad because when he makes up his mind, he won't give up on it. All I can do is hope that everything will be alright and that the police can hurry to stop my dad.

T.B.C.