Chapter Thirty Three

Start from the beginning

"Semiloore that's enoug. Mom..... please don't criticize her,I know you love Joe too, I too. I can't wish for another dad other than him but now that fate has other plans" Tamiloore said softly.

"Fate? Do we always have to accept that? Why is it fair to others and unfair to some, to us!"

"Semiloore......."

Semiloore cleaned the tears running down her cheeks.

"If fate was a person or a ghost or whatever it is when I meet it we won't smile at each other" she said as she barged upstairs into her room not noticing the shadow who had ducked.

Tamiloore flinched as Semiloore slammed her door shut and locked it.

"That Nath guy,he's really fine" Mrs Ajayi said as they ate.

"Really mom?" Semiloore asked.

"Hmmmm"

"See even mom agrees" Tamiloore said as she laughed slightly.

"You know mom your idea of wearing sun glasses at past 8pm is a bit unfashionable" Semiloore said.

"Just leave my old school alone" Mrs Ajayi replied trying to say a joke and which she succeeded as the other two laughed.

"I'm full now,am going to my room" Mrs Ajayi said standing up.

"You barely ate" Semiloore said.

"I ate at the hospital before coming home"

Tamiloore rinsed her hands and wiped them with a cloth as she climbed the stairs. Her eyes went to her mom's room door. Her mom wasn't old school, she wasn't all that fashionable either, why she was wearing a sun glasses during dinner and refused to remove it no matter what insult Semiloore threw at her which on a normal day her mom would be chased her round with a fake pestle.

She also didn't eat much and when she first got home she said she was hungry. She sighed and walked towards her room before turning and walking towards her mom's room and as she was about to knock she stopped.

She heard whimpering and sobbing. Her eyes widened,she was crying? Why? Its had been really look she had seen her mom cry. Her thoughts traveled back to the argument she and Semiloore had earlier.

"Oh no,she couldn't have heard" Tamiloore whispered.

And the more she thought about it there was no way they would have argued that much and their mom wouldn't hear them. She tightened her fists as she turned and went to her room.

Semiloore was fiddling with her phone debating whether to call Nathaniel or not.

"I'll call him" she said as she dialed his number. He picked up after the first two rings.

"Hey" she greeted.

"Hey" Nathaniel replied.

"How are you?" Nathaniel asked.

"Fine,what about you?" Semiloore replied.

"Cool, have you eaten?" Nathaniel asked.

"Yeah" Semiloore replied.

"What?" Nathaniel asked.

"Do you want to eat ni?"

"I'm just asking awey"

"Rice"

"And?"

"Awey what's your own?" Semiloore asked with a laughing tone.

"Me I ate pounded yam and vegetable soup" Nathaniel said and Semiloore burst into laughter.

"What's so funny?" Nathaniel asked.