chapter 7:the wave mission.

Five years have passed now since naruto jiraiya and the remaining uzumaki clan members returned to the hidden leaf village and surprisingly one of them was naruto's mother. Apparently Kushina survived the sealing ritual and thought naruto had died with minato. So she used a blood clone jutsu and faked her death and went into hiding not telling anyone including the hokage and council. When naruto told his mother that he graduated from the hidden leaf academy at age six and was too smart and talented in the eyes of the hokage to be a gennin and was put straight in the anbu she couldn't have been more proud. But when naruto told her that Hiruzen ordered him to kill fugaku uchiha and half of the Uchiha clan as a child.. that was where she drew the line.
She knew what that must have been doing to naruto mentally. Hell. She's been through that at some point also. She knew he must have sleepless nights and regrets.
During their journey jiraiya and naruto had also found another half uzumaki named tayuya and she was very good with genjutsu. Which most uzumaki clan members weren't. Making back to the village naruto immediately recieved a mission scroll from the hokage for team 7 to gain backup. Apparently kakashi screwed up while protecting his gennin team which consists of Sasuke Uchiha Hinata hyuga and Sakura haruno. They were assigned to a C rank protection detail mission to escort a bridge builder named tazuna back to his home in wave country which then became an A ranked mission.
Naruto then said.

"So.. kakashi senpai still gets overconfident in his skills??.
Sometimes I think that implanted sharingan eye of his makes him more arrogant then any other uchiha without a sharingan. Well. Looks like I have to bail him out of trouble... AGAIN!!!. Damn ero-baka kakashi.
You never learn do you???.
This won't take long."

Naruto then focused on the hiraishin kunai that Hinata obviously kept with her as a reminder that her protector was always with her he then reappeared in a yellow flash next to kakashi wondering why he had something that was given to Hinata and said.

"Hello kakashi senpai. Mind telling me what your doing with the hiraishin kunai that I had given and left Hinata as a gift???. And what makes you think that the Uchiha is more entitled then your other students to be taught more than them???."

Kakashi just gulped and dropped the hiraishin kunai that he had. 'borrowed' from hinata's weapons pouch. When really he actually took it from her during the Bell test and forgot to give it back to her. Kakashi then gulped in fear as he turned around and said.

"Hey there...kii raiton kitsune. How long... have you been standing there???. And what do you mean it was a gift???."

And naruto said.

"Before I left the village with jiraiya after my mission to kill the Uchiha clan. I left 2 hiraishin kunai with the hokage. One for him. And the other for hinata's safety. Only to find out that you are in possession of the kunai I gave her. Why???."

And kakashi said.

"Well..um. you see...it.. reminds me of when... your father gave me one as well and..."

Naruto then said.

"And you thought that Sasuke uchiha's more deserving of that then Hinata was???. You thought that if you tried to teach him how to use the hiraishin technique with that kunai...he could become more powerful???. You do know that only three people in the history of the hidden leaf village could ever use that technique right???. The first was the second hokage.
The second. My father. And finally. Me. No Uchiha in the history of the hidden leaf village has ever had the knowledge of how to understand the art of seals to use that technique. Hand it over. NOW!!!."

Kakashi then shakily handed the kunai back to naruto who then removed his mask and looking at Hinata said.

"Here Hinata-chan. I believe I left this for you. Not Sasuke.
Did you forget that as long as you don't lose that I'll always be able to find you???. I missed you Hinata. More then you know. Now wipe those tears away from your eyes. Such a pretty face should never be ruined with tears of sadness."