03

Malory kept walking. There is no chance that she's going to let some stranger ruin her night.

She liked what she's seeing and the cool wind is making her warm insides go all fuzzy. She loved taking walks especially during the late days of October. Nights like this are her favorite.

She found herself seating on the sidewalk. She got tired. She just wanted to seat for awhile and keep staring at the sky.

"Mind if I seat beside you?"

"Do I have a choice?" She retorted,

"I'm Luke."

"What?"

"I said, my name is Luke." He sat beside her. Not too close, not too far.

She didn't answer. She always knew the rumors about him. She was scared but he doesn't seem dangerous like what others tell everyone. Its a small community. People talk. Mostly because they're bored of their lives or simple because they're not worth anyone's time that's why they talk about other people.

She didn't notice that she was stating at her.

"What?" She exclaims, raising an eyebrow.

"You're the one who's staring, you tell me-" He chuckled, showing his pearly whites.

He looked like they're just the same age and he looks totally sane. Why would people tell things, horrible things about him.

"So..you still didn't tell me your name," He faced her, making her melt. No one ever looked at her that way before.

"M-Malory..I'm Malory." She cleared her throat. Looking back up the sky.

They were silent. Malory felt something weird. She should feel scared, she should be trembling but she's not. She felt safe. She was with someone everyone was talking about being dangerous and crazy.

"They're not stars you know-"

"What?"

"What you're staring at. They're not stars."

She laughed, he sounded dumbfounded, "Then what are they?"

"Satellites"

"No, how could all of those be satellites?"

"Why are you not afraid of me?" He exclaimed, changing the subject-