Chapter 19

Sorry for the long wait! I hope you didn't die @Emisonlover999 ;) 

I won't hold you guys up any longer, here's chapter 19

It took a lot of convincing to get Noah to back down once Rachel called him informed him about what Jesse had done. He wanted to hurt him, badly. Rachel so wanted to let him do as he pleased but she needed him to wait for a least a little while. She promised that once Quinn had the chance to come out to her parents that Noah could do whatever he wanted. Noah reluctantly agreed to her terms.

He would end up dropping her off at Quinn's house the following morning. After which he decided to drive around the block just in case he was needed. Rachel hoped that he wouldn't be. She gave Quinn a call to inform her that she was there and ensure that it was her girlfriend that answered the door. Quinn quickly got up and headed downstairs. She opened the door and greeted her with a hug. They both fought the urge to kiss each other despite the fact that neither of Quinn's parents were around.

"They're in the kitchen," Quinn told her, to which Rachel could only nod. "Mom's making breakfast and dad's reading the paper," she explained. Rachel could see that she was shaking. She reached out for her hand and gave it a gently squeeze. Quinn turned to look at her.

"Are you sure you want to do this now?" Rachel asked. "Maybe we should wait, at least a little bit," suggested. "That way you could at least get something in your stomach." Quinn pondered the option for a second but then quickly shook her head.

"No, I need to do this now." She tried to keep her voice steady, tried to sound strong and confident, but it was clear that she was terrified. Her eyes were red. Either she'd been crying or wasn't able to sleep the previous night. Rachel felt that it was a combination of both. "Besides, if things go badly I might end up throwing everything up anyway."

"Don't think like that. Everything will be fine," Rachel assured.

"Yeah," Quinn nodded. "I'm sure you're right." With one last look to Rachel, Quinn started leading her girlfriend to the kitchen. Their steps were soft, quiet. They gradually made their way towards Quinn's parents. It was the sound of Quinn's first step upon the tile of the kitchen that finally got Judy's attention. She looked over her shoulder at her daughter and flashed a smile upon seeing that she had a guest with her.

She paused in her cooking and turned fully towards them. "Quinn, why didn't you tell me that you were having company over?" "I'm sorry mom," Quinn apologized. "It was kind of last minute."

"No harm done I suppose. Feel free to take a seat Rachel. I was just making some breakfast what would you like?" Judy asked as she returned to the stove.

"Nothing, thank you," Rachel politely declined, still standing directly beside Quinn.

"Nonsense," Russell cut in, getting up from his seat and giving Rachel a big pat on the back. "You're on the football team. You need to keep your strength up." He brought her over to the table and had her sit down right next to him, with Quinn sitting beside Rachel. "Still keeping that winning streak up?"

"Yes sir." Again he gave her a pat on the back.

"That's good to hear. The Titans haven't had a star player like you in a while."

Rachel put on a smile. She liked Quinn's parents. Russell had been initially skeptical about having a girl, a vegan girl no less, on the football team. But eventually he grew to be one of Rachel's greatest supporters, although he still didn't understand the veganism. Judy on the other hand had instantly adored Rachel. She liked knowing that her daughter had smart, polite and loyal friend. She didn't much approve of the football though.