Chapter 7

Victory was something that was not uncommon to Rachel. On the contrary, when to singing competitions she would often crush her opponents. She was always a very competitive person, and she loved winning. Needless to say she very much liked the outcome of her first football game. The students of McKinley High were on their feet; cheering for the Titans, cheering for her. And of course they were cheering for her; she did score the winning touchdown. All around her, her teammates were congratulating her.

She was quite glad that none of them decided to slap her on the butt. During her research, Rachel had learned of some odd ritual would do that to one another as a way of showing support, or something along those lines. She didn't know if football players actually did things like that, and she wasn't even going to consider asking Noah. Although if one of them did try to slap her butt, then she would not be held responsible for her actions.

Luckily, no one tried anything of the sort. Rachel was free to celebrate as she wished. And there was only one thing that Rachel wished. She escaped from her team and made her way to where the Cheerios had been performing. Everyone had gone down from their seats in the bleachers so it was hard for her to tell if they were still there, but Rachel had to start somewhere. She squeezed her way through the crowd, receiving more compliments along the way.

For once in her life, she didn't care much for the attention; there would be plenty of chances to have people clamoring around her once she was a big Broadway star. Getting Quinn Fabray to become her girlfriend on the other hand was a once in a lifetime opportunity. After some effort she finally found some open space. The Cheerios were gone though. Rachel frowned, but then she felt a soft delicate hand wrap around her own and she smiled. It had to be Quinn. Rachel turned and beamed at her. "Hey, looking for me?" Quinn playfully asked. Rachel didn't answer; too embarrassed to admit that she had in fact been doing just that. Luckily, Quinn didn't wait for a response. "You were great out there!"

Rachel's cheeks reddened and she nervously shifted her weight from one foot to the other. Rachel always liked receiving compliments, but ones that came from Quinn were extra special. Quinn's words made her feel like there were butterflies fluttering about in her stomach. The fact that they were also holding hands didn't help Rachel in keeping her composure. "It-it was all thanks to you," she said, proud that her words hadn't come out completely jumbled. Quinn giggled.

"No," she replied, shaking her head. "That was all you. You were amazing." Rachel's blush intensified. She was certain that her cheeks were a deeper shade of red than her jersey.

"Thanks," she squeaked out.

"You're welcome. Anyway, I was actually looking for you myself."

"You were?" Rachel asked while trying her best not to sound too surprised. She failed miserably.

"Yeah," Quinn laughed. "My parents aren't home tonight so I'm inviting everyone over to my place to celebrate, and I wanted to know if you needed a ride." Rachel's eyes widened. Unless she was mistaken, which was highly unlikely, she was being invited to a party. It took her a moment or two to process the information. "You are coming, right?" Quinn asked due to Rachel's silence. "You have to come. We wouldn't have won this game if not for our little star." Rachel's heart nearly jumped out of her chest. Quinn had called her a star. "Come on. It'll be fun," she insisted. Rachel didn't need much convincing.

"O-okay," she agreed. "I'd love to come."

"Great! We'll leave in just a bit, I have to wait for Brittany and Santana first," she explained. "You can get changed while we wait for them." Rachel nodded and smiled even though she was a little upset to learn that she wouldn't be alone with Quinn during the trip to her house. As she left for the locker room, Rachel looked at the positives though and reasoned that the short drive would be a good time to get better acquainted with Quinn's friends. While their opinions weren't as important as Quinn's, getting their approval was essential. Brittany liked her well enough, but Santana was proving to be slightly problematic.