Chapter 5

Harry and Draco sat in silence, each scanning through the readings they had selected. Harry was reading about the history of each ingredient, while Draco was reading about the effect they had upon potions and the user. Standard potions shit that Harry couldn't really stand.

"So," Harry said, glancing up towards Draco. "Where are we going to start on the project? I would invite you to my dorm, but I don't think you would be welcomed with open arms."

The blonde grinned the perfect Slytherin grin, it sent a shiver down the brunettes back. "No, I don't suppose I would be. We could always go to mine. Father arranged for me to have my own room."

"Of course he did." Harry chuckled, writing down a few bits of history before looking back up with a raised eyebrow. He couldn't let that information go. "Do you mean like a full solo bedroom?"

Draco chucked his head back with a laugh, tapping Harry's shin with a playful kick. "Complete with double bed, bath and desk. All in the same room."

"Nice." Harry grinned, but his smile dropped as he remembered his promise to Hermione and Ron. "But before that, I need to pop in on my mates."

"Would you like me to wait here?" Draco asked, though his gaze shot to the clock on the wall indicating it was not something he wanted to do.

"You could come," Harry suggested.

"And how do you think the Gryffindor's will react?" Draco asked a raised eyebrow.

Harry shrugged, looking at his watch. "They aren't gonna be down there for another hour. Why don't we finish this early, and head down for a swim? If we are down at the lake first, they can't be shitty, can they? What do you say?"

"Let's do it." Draco grinned. "I'll just head to get changed."

~

Harry giggled as Draco splashed him with cold water. They had been swimming for ten minutes, and it was honestly the most fun they had had in ages. The water was a bit chilly, given the season, but the more they moved around the more they walmed up.

"Stop it!"

"Why Potter?" Draco grinned, treading the water. "Can't handle the competition."

"Noooo." He chuckled, swimming up to the blonde man. Draco raised an eyebrow. "I just wanna stop, let's just relax. It's a moderate, the waters nice."

Draco smiled, glancing down into the water. He could just make out the brunette's body under the surface, he reached forward, his hands coming to rest on the boy's hips. Harry jumped slightly, his cheeks heating up as he brought his own hands down to rest against the boy's own. Despite the water, he could feel the goosebumps rise on Draco's hip and was fairly sure the blonde could feel his.

"You could relax next to me?" Draco smiled lightly. He knew this friendship wasn't real, on his end, and he definitely shouldn't be falling for the soppiness but something in his lower stomach pulled him forward so his chest lay flat against Harry's.

"Most definitely." Harry smiled, eyes locking with Draco's. He felt his heart twinge, he felt content next to him. "If you told me a couple of months ago that we would be able to talk like this to each other, I would have punched you...but now..."

"Now? Do you trust me?" Draco muttered.

"Not in the slightest." Harry let out a loud laugh. Draco smirked, thumb caressing the piece of exposed skin he touched. "But..."

"HARRY!"

Harry jumped away as Draco dove underwater, swimming away from the brunette and popping up a few meters to the left. As he popped up he saw Hermione and Ron, along with most of the Gryffindor team, standing at the edge of the lake watching them.