Epilogue

Song for this chapter : 18 by one direction :(

E P I L O G U E

Harry had decided to hold Sydney's funeral service in the coffee shop she used to work at on third street.

No, he was not going to bury her right outside the door.

They were to clear the cafe and have a closed coffin funeral inside, before having free coffees and following the group to the cemetery for her burial.

It was one of the saddest times of Harry's life. He hadn't known her for long but he was already so attached. And now he would be saying goodbye to her.

Luckily, Elise survived. She managed to get out with a few broken bones. But sadly, Sydney couldn't withstand the pressure of her chest smashing against the steering wheel. If only steering wheels did not exist.

The tour was put on hold in honor of Sydney, and Harry was grateful. The boys and him were decently close to her and they couldn't afford to miss the funeral.

"Now that the service is over, please go to the counter for free drinks of your choice." Harry said into the mic, and then he took time to wipe his puffy red eyes. He could see outside that the first few flowers had started to bloom, and spring was right around the corner. She scene would've been beautiful if there weren't police barricading fans from the inside.

He needed some sort of closure, some way to know she was alright-- wherever she was. He wanted to kiss her and hold her one last time.

He walked over to the till and wasn't feeling himself. He didn't want to order anything really, he didn't even feel like eating or drinking. But he thought of Sydney instead of himself.

"Tall caramel macchiato." He said and that's when he lost it. Tears flowed freely from his eyes and he was a shivering mess.

Why couldn't he look up to see Sydney's sparkling eyes looking up at him and say: "that'll be-- oh god, you're Harry Styles"?

He ran out the shop and into the parking lot. Before thinking he climbed into the car and roared the engine to life. He drove in between the cop cars and down the street.

In his rearview mirror he could see fans running to chase his car, so he floored it and went as fast as he could. He just wasn't in the mood to be pulled at and pestered.

Finally he got to the one place no one could find him, because it was far too dangerous. He really shouldn't have been by the river, but it was the only place he could really get closure.

"I miss you." He sighed and watched as a teardrop made ripples in the water. "And I won't forget you, Syd. You were special to me, and I-I love you."

He could see her walking across the river clearly, in a bright white gown with that goofy smile plastered on her face. He could see himself walking off into the distance with her, but he couldn't do it.

Just remembering something, he pulled a piece of paper out of his back pocket. "The note." He said to himself, and unraveled it quickly. He didn't want to be late to the burial.

Dear Harry,

I can't believe I'm writing this to you. I mean, you barely know me. I'm just some girl serving your regular and you're a world famous pop star that will never like me.

My friend Elise tells me that that's just a part to being a fan girl, whatever that is. She says you always want to be with someone but you can't, and that drives you completely insane sometimes. I guess that's why those types of girls always carry tissues and a spare pair of underwear.