7

C H A P T E R ~ S E V E N

The next day, Tuesday, was the day before Harry was supposed to leave with a few security guards to go see his family in Chesire. Sydney was yet to respond to any of his calls or texts. She was downright ignoring him now, and there was no way they'd be in contact before he left.

Louis had noticed a changed in Harry's mood. He never thought a fan would affect her. She wasn't even a fan, she was a barista. There was just something about Sydney that was so addictive.

"Harry, are you alright?" Louis asked from across the room. They were both on a couch on either side of the room, with a coffee table in between. Harry sent another text to Sydney, and put his feet up on the coffee table.

"Yeah." Harry lied. "I'm fine. Just ready to leave."

It seemed like getting ready to leave was the hardest part. But when you're sitting on that five star private jet with unlimited shrimp and drinks, it wasn't as hard to leave anymore. Hopefully that's how he would feel when he left the small town of Louisville. Scratch that, the town was anything but small.

Their higher class hotel was on a long street called Dixie Highway, where a lot of infamous accidents had taken place. When looking through history articles before arriving there, Harry had found that locals used to call it "Dixie Dieway" because so many people died in car accidents.

But nonetheless, he loved the place. There was always a park to visit or a college campus to walk around. And most importantly, there was always that one Starbucks Coffee on 3rd street.

"Harry, I'm pretty sure you don't want to leave." Louis said, with a hint of sass in his voice. "You seem far away. Please don't tell me it's that girl."

"It is." Harry sighed, and it felt kind of good to let the truth of his chest. He wasn't one that was used to lying. "Sydney. I don't even know her last name, she's just my barista."

"'She's just my barista'." Louis mocked and crossed his eyes. "If she's just your barista, then why are you so crazy about her?"

"I don't know, Lou." Harry exasperated. He honestly didn't know why he liked the girl with the dark brown hair and perfect eyes that could make anyone smile.

"Just call her." Louis said, and it was obvious that Louis wanted to hear no more about Sydney. He had no idea what the two of them had been through. He couldn't just tell Sydney about his anxiety and depression and then just leave.

Harry picked up his cell and dialed Sydney's saved contact number. The phone rang one time, then two and three, and then the familiar voicemail automated message played for people that hadn't manually set theirs up yet.

Harry frowned and sank his face in a pillow. Their flight was tomorrow morning, and it was almost midnight. He wouldn't get to see Sydney before he left. He probably wouldn't see her ever again. And the worst part is, the last time he would see her he had no idea. Now it's too late.

S Y D N E Y

Her phone rang and when she saw the caller ID was from Harry, she ignored it. She was way too busy getting her paperwork ready, because since she quit her job at Starbucks she was going to have a student teaching job.

Elise wasn't there anymore, she had left earlier around nine. By now it was midnight, and she was feeling drowsy.

But she just couldn't keep Harry out of her mind. She missed his friendly smile and kind eyes. There was just something about what Brooke had said, like she was annoying him. Bugging him at that. Harry had probably just called out of pity.

With that thought and mindset sticking in her head, she turns the lights off and falls asleep in her jeans and hoodie.

• • •

sorry for not updating and sorry for the filler

- Alex (: