16

B O N U S ~ C H A P T E R

It was finally the day.

For the past week, all Sydney had heard of was her boyfriend's headline tour.

And today was the first day, the first concert, and that just so happened to be in her city.

She was beyond grateful that Harry was kind enough to buy her two front row tickets to see him. She could barely go a week without him, and she couldn't imagine not seeing him for months.

"Let's go, Elise!" Sydney called to the friend she had chosen to go with her. On the bed of her dorm sat two drinks from the cafe-- a tall caramel macchiato and a refresher for Elise. Her choice in beverage was in honor of Harry; the macchiato was always his regular. Those were the good old days.

Elise finally came running out of the bathroom, and it seemed like the time in there had been well spent. Her blonde hair was in a high bun, which was complimented with dangling hoop earrings. Her outfit was stellar as well-- a neon green coat with black leggings and white pumps.

It made Sydney look rather plain, with her leggings and hoodie. Though, her hair was straight (which was very rare for her), and she wore a new pair of white converse that Zayn had sent her.

She truly felt special, even if what she was wearing wasn't the most expensive outfit.

She looked out the dorm window and snow was lightly falling. It wasn't enough to be a flurry just yet, but it looked like it would become .something. Concerts in the cold were never pleasurable, but Sydney had a feeling this would be an exception.

"Ready to go?" She asked her best friend.

Elise nodded. "Cardinal Stadium, here we come!"

• •

When the two got there, they were bombarded by teenage girls who wanted signatures. Apparently the word had gotten out about her and Harry, and this was negative publicity for sure.

There were no threats or anything just yet, but she felt like a real celebrity. Waves of girls crowded around her, asking questions and demanding autographs. They were asking the most absurd questions that usually involved Harry.

"This is getting ridiculous." Elise whined after a fan asked what Harry's favorite breakfast food was. "How do they expect you to know about this?"

Sydney was going to answer, but the sound of sirens stopped her. A few security guards walking in a circle formation got closer and closer to her, and she thought she was going to be kicked out. But her heart stopped a couple beats when she realized who was standing in the middle of them.

Her heart was doing somersaults but she didn't say a word. "Are you Sydney and Elise?" A guard asked and she nodded furiously. "Come with us." Another said, and the two easily followed. Screaming girls tugged at their clothing as they escaped the hectic scene.

When the girls were out of sight, Sydney asked who the guards were protecting.

"You can see him now." One said, and they disbanded all at once. When Sydney saw Harry it's like she felt a warm feeling quickly enter her soul. It wasn't something external, it was an internal feeling she couldn't deny.

And that feeling was love.

"Harry!" She shouted even though he was right there, and the two hugged for quite some time. By now they were inside the stadium, backstage. Golf carts whizzed past them and down the hall.

"I missed you and it was only a week." He said, and Sydney frowned when she noticed his voice was much more strained. He had dark circles under his eyes.