15

C H A P T E R ~ F I F T E E N
FINAL CHAPTER

February 1st, 2015

It was finally Harry's 21st birthday. There was some good and bad to that though.

Sydney got to spend the whole day with him, but it would be the last day they'd be with each other for quite some time. After today Harry and the lads were off to practice for the tour, and it would be another week or so until she saw him at the Louisville concert.

Harry's birthday was supposed to be a happy occasion, and they were trying to make it seem like one-- but that didn't seem to work. Sydney found herself more attached to the singer by the minute.

Harry was tired, lazily sitting on the couch with Sydney in his broad arms. He would miss her dearly while he was gone, and he wanted to hold her close while he could.

"You know what's funny?" He asked, breaking the silence between them. Sydney's dorm was a small place, and silence only made the a situation more uncomfortable.

She turned to look at him, her eyes twinkling and glazed over from blinking too much. She was fighting back tears. "What?"

Despite her facial expression Harry smiled. It was that same smile that Sydney fell in love with, and she couldn't get enough of. His smile made her smile, and the two looked a silly mess. "I never even liked tall caramel macchiatos." He finally answered her, "I just kept ordering them because that's all you knew how to make. And I wanted you to serve me so I could get to know you more."

Sydney appreciated his honesty. She's grateful he kept coming back, or she would probably be in that stupid store now. Working for people she never took a liking to, making horrible drinks for horrible people. "Well, I'm glad you did." She spoke. "I thought you would never like me."

Harry snorted. "Like you? Why would I like you?"

There was a long silence between them. Sydney didn't know what to say. Was he suggesting that he never took interest in her? She had no idea. "Harry.." she said, and the familiar tears welded up her eyes again.

"I don't like you, Sydney." He said with a smile, one too kind for him to say something rude. "I love you. And I've wanted to say that for a very long time."

He kissed her full on the lips and she felt complete for once. How was she so lucky to have Harry Styles fall in love with her? The one man that millions of girls would murder someone to marry-- wanted to be with her? What was so special about her?

"I-I love you too." She said, and finally the first tear slipped. She never knew that this would happen to her. She had no idea she could get so lucky, and deserve it.

"Don't cry, love." He said softly and stroked small patterns on the palm of her hand. She used her free hand to wipe her salty tears, and smiled weakly.

She didn't want him to leave.

She wanted to be with him forever and never have anything part them, but that's impossible when your boyfriend has to be touring the world while you're stuck in front of a classroom of idiots.

There was a knock on the door, and both of them knew what that meant.

"Do you have your things packed?" Sydney said sadly, trying not to cry. Their hands were still intwined, and that was the only reason she wasn't full out crying.

"Yeah." Harry's voice cracked and his eyes appeared red. She had never seen him cry and she didn't intend on it.

He let go of her hand and stood up, leaving her laying on the couch in an awkward position. She watched as he got up to answer the dorm door, and the rest of the band mates stood under the threshold.