Chapter 7; Coffee Thingy.

Start from the beginning

The culprit carefully opened the door. Once inside, they looked around realizing I wasn't on the bed.

"Nanny Grace, where's mommy?" Came Emily's sweet voice as she placed the stack of pancakes she held on her reading table. She was about to speak again when she turned around and spotted me.

"Mommy!" She screamed and ran into my arms. I lifted her up while she showered my face with kisses.

"Good morning mommy," she chuckled as I tickled her belly button...

"Good morning sweetheart." I kissed her cheeks. "Is that for me?" I pointed to the pancakes she'd earlier dropped alongside the cup of green tea and glass of orange juice Nanny Grace held.

"Grace, thank you. You can drop those now... We'll have breakfast here before coming down" I told her.

"Yes ma'am." And made her way out.

"Mommy, I woke up early and asked Nanny Grace to make breakfast since you have to go to work" she grinned mirroring the huge smile I wore.

" Thank you sweetie. You're the best baby ever." I kissed her forehead and let her down.

"Let's eat mommy." She spoke excitedly while dragging me over to her reading table.

"Thank you sweetheart." I smiled and dug in.

Two large sized pancakes, a cup of green tea and a good bath later, I was ready to leave for work. I kissed Emily's forehead once more and got into my car.

Emily wouldn't be going to her preschool any longer. I'd optioned for homeschooling. She begins on Monday.

Surprisingly, I'd made it to the hospital in 30 minutes considering today was a Friday.

I was met with the sight of a very busy Liv when I approached my office.

"Hey..." I started causing her to switch her gaze from the file she was nose-deep in.

She sighed in relief, "Thank God you're here Ken. We've got a ton of work. I'm just gonna go through all the rescheduled appointments and merge them in with today's appointments. That okay?"

"Yeah. Perfect."

"Great. You have a long day ahead of you and I may or may not have ordered for your lunch to be brought in." She smiled

"Thanks Liv." I smiled back.

Twelve ultrasounds and lots of prescriptions later, it was finally 5pm. Liv had checked out at 4:30pm, so it was just my patient and I making our way to the parking lot.

"Have a good night Dr. Wilson." She said in a singsong voice.

"You too Ms. Jefferson."

I made my way to the employee parking lot.

I was about to enter my car when I was backed up against it instead.

All my fear dissipated once I laid eyes on the culprit. Dressed in an all black attire and spotting a smirk was Ethan Vincent. The guy I'd met in the restroom. Again, not an ideal meeting place.

He caged me in with my back against the car and both hands glued to the windows.

An eerie silence ensued for some seconds before we both spoke.

"What the hell-"

"Care to explain-"

We both stopped short, staring into each other's eyes. He looked really beautiful and his lashes were longer than mine. How does that even happen! Ugh! He looked really edible to me right now.

"You have got to stop surprising me, every - single - time." I spoke.

He backed up.

"What is this about Ethan?" My fatigue was already on show and my feet were terribly sore in my heels while my eyes hurt from looking at so many ultrasounds in one day.

"You stood me up." He simply stated.

"What?"

"You - stood - me - up" he said slowly.

I gulped. The coffee thingy I'd agreed to go on. Unfortunately, that was the same day Emily had an episode.

I suddenly became nervous.

"Look-" I was about to explain before he cut me off.

"I get it. No need to explain. I have everything figured out."

"What?" This guy confused the hell out of me.

"Go on a date with me now."

"What?" For the third time today.

"Look, I know what happened that day. Your assistant told me you had an emergency. I got it." He paused "what I don't get is why you didn't even think it important to let me know you were held up," He gave a little strained smile "for two days."

I felt guilty. Terribly guilty.

"I'm so so-" he interrupted me again.

"Go out with me now and I'll forgive you."

I blinked "what?"

"Let's go out now."

I had to get home and check on Emily. I was tired. I was hungry. I just need the three most important things to me which both start with a 'b'.

My burger, my bed and my baby.

My answer, "No!"

Which brings us back to the present.

Ethan had parked behind a huge building and stepped out of his car.

He made his way towards me and held the door for me while I got out of my car.

He placed a hand on my waist while he led us to an elevator.

He pressed the roof button and remained awfully quiet while we ascended.

I heard the 'ping' that sounded around us from the elevator indicating we'd arrived the roof.

The weird thing was no one else called the elevator in all the time we ascended the thirty floors the building had.

You don't know this guy. My subconscious reminded me.

The building didn't look suspicious when we arrived. It was actually painted in light colors giving it a comfortable look even at night.

As we walked out of the elevator, I took I'm the view of the roof. Who was this guy?

He'd just caused my jaw to drop and my mouth to remain agape.

Hey guys, it's the last day of 2019. Happy new year in advance.
I'm so sorry I couldn't update yesterday, hope you can forgive me.
I'll be updating on Saturday as my way of saying sorry.

I wish you all a very happy new year guys. Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote. Love you all.

Joy.