Chapter 5: "Mass President"

:Ariele's P.O.V.:

I was about to enter the entrance of the school when I saw those flyers which was scattered in the stairs. I took one of it. I was so shocked when I saw my own picture and saying: “VOTE! ARIELE BACHMAN FOR PRESIDENT” Then I saw the guys who were the one distributing those stuff which were only on a distance. I come nearer to them.

                “Zayn, what is this all about?” I asked with seem-angry tone of voice.

                “The deal.” It was not Zayn but it was Liam. I stare at him and sharpened my eyes.

But Zayn interrupt. “Yeah.”

I sighed. I don’t have to argue with him. “So, do you think guys, this would work?” I asked them.

“Definitely and absolutely yes!” Harry said. He gave one to the girl who passed by. But we were shocked when the girl doesn’t mind him.

“That’s new!” I reacted.

“I hate that girl. I was trying to be nice.” Harry’s seem like he was bothered.

“You’re affected.” That was a statement but a question at the same time. Then, Harry keeps silent and walked out.

“What did you do?” It was Niall turning to me.

“Is it my fault?”

Zayn hold my grip and lead me to our classroom. “Don’t mind Harry. He’s alright. He’s having a problem with that girl. That’s why.”

“He likes her?”

“Let’s just say, let’s out of their business.”

I nodded. I’m curious with them but I have to cut it out. Our teacher wasn’t there, only our classmates. It was a messy class. Girls are in their gossips. Boys are talking and teasing to each other. And there was Zayn, standing beside the door, waiting for somebody to come inside so that he can give those flyers of mine. He’s sweet, isn’t he? How I wish he would ask me to be his girl. I took a deep sighed.

Wait. Have I just said and wish to be his girl? No. This is not me anymore. I don’t like him. Perhaps, I was just hungry? And besides, that was our deal. Yeah, only a deal. Enough reason why he was doing those stuff.

The next day I was in school was already our election.

The day was about to end when they declared who will be the new officers of the school. The principal here goes. “Our new president for this school year is our very own… Ariele Bachman of juniors!”

I’m not shocked, not that I know I will win. It wasn’t just my plan in life. It’s my best friend’s. I just wish she was here so that my life would be better.

“Hey Ariele! Congratulations!” Zayn put his arm in my shoulders. “Aren’t you happy with it?” he added.

I just smile and said. “I have to go home. Bye.”