who was she kidding?

the fact was, gracen jones/charis johnson (now), wasn't all spencer reid knew her to be, and gracen knew that. after all, they only have known each other for a week straight, and then they just met again yesterday.

she didn't know him at all, and he didn't know her. regardless of how close she felt to him—like she had known him for years—that feeling was fake, and made up like some kind of romance movie.

the anxiety was eating her up, and gracen found it hard to breathe. she was scared of him finding out what she was truly like. but for what reason? she thought. over some stupid man?

gracen jones had commitment issues. for the past five months, she had dated on and off, and her love life was based mainly off of hookups. the men that stayed she ended up chasing away with one of her psychotic breaks. it got to the point where gracen let men in, just to shove them away, off to the side. she really didn't want anyone going into her life.

so why was she being so anxious over spencer reid, someone she had only known for a total of eight and a half-ish days? it disgusted her, to be honest, at the thought of her being so clingy—so vulnerable— to someone.

not only that, but gracen was afraid. there was always that anxiety inside of her that someone wasn't all that they seemed to be, just like how she wasn't all that she seemed to be. not to mention, she was scared of him getting hurt because of her—or even worse—hurting him because she was mentally incapable of loving any other human being and her psychotic breakdowns will only scare him away because she's simply just terrifying to be around when it strikes and no one ever knows when exactly it strikes and—

"AGH!!" gracen slammed her hand down on the counter, the little devil whispering in her ear disappearing. she could basically imagine it giggling as it left.

"my god, what the hell is wrong with you?" gracen asked her reflection. "you're literally crazy." she said in disbelief.

gracen had to remind herself it wasn't that big of a deal at all. spencer reid was not that big of a deal and she was not falling in love with him. it had been a day.

one. single. day.

she wondered if he was doting on these conflicting thoughts like she was at the moment. it was unlikely. that man probably lived with no worries on his shoulders.

so should she then. fuck it, am i right? gracen jones let out an amused laugh at her own reflection, just as someone walked into the bathroom, flashing her a weird look. gracen ignored it, smiling to herself as she fixed her makeup and appearance. i can give myself some pretty damn good advice.

reid hurriedly gathered his things at his desk, shoving them into his bag and checking the time on his watch. 9:44 pm. he wondered if gracen was still here.

"bye, see you all tomorrow!" spencer said, flashing his team a smile before bolting to the elevator.

"hotch, did you give him a raise?" morgan asked.

hotch's eyebrows furrowed. "why would i give reid a raise?"

"then what the hell is up with him?" morgan asked, shaking his head and chuckling.