| five |

SPENCER.

HE didn't have a choice now. gracen was going to have to go through a cognitive sooner or later, so spencer figured he'd minus well attempt to draw some of the memories out right now. they had already had some small talk about the things she liked, such as her favorite colors and food. as painful as it would be for her to be reminded of what happened, he would help her through it afterwards.

"gracen." the doctor spoke softly, making sure he had her full attention. when she finally looked him in the eyes, he asked, "can you tell me the name of the man who did this to you?"

gracen jones looked up, eyes filled with confusion. "a man?"

spencer nodded. but something wasn't right.

"what man?"

spencer's expression dropped. they were too late. a few days ago, she had a clear memory of the man who did this to her, calling him a "he" constantly.

gracen, in the span of five days, suppressed the memory of the person that hurt her so badly. she did have head trauma, most likely from her abuser, which could've been another factor to her not remembering.

hundreds of possible solutions, situations, theories spiraled in spencer's head. she wasn't the murderer of the recent victims, he knew now, because he had been here with her the whole time when another murder occurred.

there was a possibility that these two cases weren't linked at all. there was a possibility that this girl had just simply been kidnapped for ten years.

spencer reid, the genius who can read 20,000 words in a minute, admitted to being absolutely confused.

and now that gracen didn't have any memories of her kidnapper—if there was even one—reid and his team were back to square one.

as if they moved anywhere in the first place.

the genius let out a small sigh. "gracen, i'm not sure i understand. you were terrified of someone—a "he" coming after you." spencer was going to add with don't you remember? but he wasn't sure if that was going to trigger something inside of her.

gracen, again confused, "i don't know...i don't know why." she strained, trying to remembering why she was scared of a "he."

"i don't remember." she said, eyes terrified. "i don't remember why—w-why—don't i remember—"

"hey. hey," reid felt another panic attack coming, so he reached for her hand as reassurance. she jolted and yanked it away. spencer ignored the small amount of hurt that occurred inside of him. the only time he was willing to touch someone and they pull away. but he understood. "i'm sorry. i won't touch you, okay?"

"okay."

"gracen, do you know my name?" spencer asked, realizing he and rossi never introduced themselves. after she shook her head, he gave a friendly smile. "i'm doctor spencer reid. you can call me spencer if you want, okay?" he spoke softly.

"okay."

"now, can you tell me what happened before we found you?" spencer asked. "i'll help you figure this out. it'll be okay."