five ☆ thunderstorm

by: MichaelMell_Heere

~~~~~

"I wish he was here," Eddie whispered. He knew that Richie was at his grandparents for the weekend, so there was no way he'd be able to come over. Sonia Kaspbrak was out for the weekend on a trip. Apparently she needed "time to herself", so Eddie was alone.

He rolled around in his messed up bed, trying to get comfortable. He knew that getting comfortable wasn't going to happen without Richie's arms around him, so he got up.

Thunder echoed through the sky, making the house seem like it was shaking. Candles were littered around the house incase of a power outage, making the air smell like cinnimon and vanilla. Those were Eddie's favourite scents, other than the cigarette and cologne smell that came from Richie's clothes. Oh, how Eddie craved that smell. The smell of his boyfriend after a long day.

Eddie walked over to the kettle, pouring water into it, heating it up to make himself some tea. Eddie's favourite tea was green tea, while he read his books and watered his little plants that littered in his tidy room.

Eddie was the kind of boy who liked to wear baggy sweatshirts that hung just above his knees. He liked scented candles, plants, and old books. He was an old soul his friends said.

The kettle went off and Eddie grabbed a coffee mug from their oak cupboards. He added a tea bag and the hot water to the mug. Eddie sat the kettle down on the countertop, making sure not to make a scratch. Grabbing a spoon, he stirred the hot water around, making the steam coming from the water smell like the tea he loved dearly.

He took a sip, letting the warmth go down his throat and into his stomach, making his body warm and calm again. "Perfect," he mumbled, walking to the window to watch the raindrops pour down.

Usually the raindrops and tea would make him feel safe and sound, but the fact that Richie wasn't able to come over and snuggle with him, made his surroundings feel dull. With Richie, everything in his world was bright and happy. There was no need to fear anything, everything was perfect. No amount of candles or tea could amount to the feeling of Richie's arms wrapped around him, rubbing circles on his back comfortingly.

"I miss you, Chee." He took a sip of his tea, watching the wind blow through the trees. Raindrops fell onto the bushes as Eddie sighed, wishing his boyfriend was with him.

A knock on the door is what broke Eddie from his gaze. He set down his mug of green tea and walked toward to door. 'Who is out during a storm?' he thought. Eddie opened the door to see his boyfriend, sopping wet from the pouring rain, standing in front of him. "Chee, what are you doing here?" Eddie asked, opening the door wider for Richie to come in. Richie stepped in shivering from the cold. "I-I wanted t-to see y-you, b-but my grandma c-couldn't d-drive me, s-so I ran."
Eddie ran upstairs, grabbing a warm towel and wrapping it around his boyfriend. "Baby, you didn't need to do that. Now you're freezing."

Richie smiled, "I-It was worth it."

"I'll get you some tea, go have a hot shower and take some of my clothes." Eddie kissed his cheek softly.
Richie nodded, walking upstairs, still wrapped in a towel.

Eddie went to the kitchen, pouring another mug full of tea. "And that's why I'm in love with him."

Richie went to the bathroom, undressing himself and stepping into the hot shower. The water hit his freezing cold skin, making him feel warm again. He stepped out after having a shower and dried himself off. "That boy is a blessing and he doesn't even know it," he said, running his fingers through his semi-dry hair. He walked out and grabbed a larger hoodie and a pair of sweatpants. He put his glasses back on and got changed.

Eddie came back up and handed him a mug of tea. "Thank you, beautiful." Richie took to mug and kissed the smaller boy on the nose. Eddie scrunched up his nose and giggled. "You're a blessing, y'know? You're so beautiful and so precious." Richie took a sip of the tea, letting warmth overcome him. Eddie's heart melted, "I love you, Chee." Eddie jumped onto his messy bed, reaching out for him. Richie chuckled, setting down his tea on the dresser. He jumped on top of Eddie, tackling him in a hug.

"I missed this, Eds." Richie kissed the smaller boy's forehead, letting his lips linger there for a few moments. Eddie savoured moments like this. He didn't need fancy dates and expensive gifts, he just needed his boyfriend's touch. Just a hug was enough to make his week better, but a kiss could make him melt like icecream left out on a hot summer day.

"Hey, baby?" Eddie asked, his face tucked into the crook of Richie's neck. Richie hummed in response, letting Eddie know that he's listening. "Why did you come over? It's late at night and it's freezing out."

"Well, I wanted to see my adorable boyfriend and spend some quality time cuddling with him. I also knew that you didn't like thunderstorms, so I wanted to come and snuggle." Richie's cheeks flushed. Eddie's heart melted. "You're the cutest."

"I know," Richie kissed him softly.