Chapter 32: Long Time, No See

Draco and Blaise were sitting on a sofa in the Slytherin Common Room, surrounded by a few other Slytherins who were lingering around in the area.

As the blonde took a look around, he couldn't help but miss their new Common Room.

"What's the matter, man?" Blaise nudged his shoulder.

"Nothing," he answered with a shrug.

"Yeah, right," his friend scoffed, leaning back. "You do look like you're having the time of your life right now."

"What, am I supposed to walk around with a smile on my face all the time now?"

"No, you're not, I just thought you would be happy to be back here. It's been so long."

"Well, this is pretty much the last place where I want to be right now, but you can't get everything you want in life, can you?"

Blaise folded his arms across his chest, studying his face for a few seconds in silence.

"Did something happen between you and Kat?"

Draco's eyes widened at his words.

"What? No, why?"

"I'll take that as a yes. So, what's up?"

"Nothing's up," he said, lowering his voice.

"Come on, Draco! You can tell me!"

"I could, but I'm not going to!"

"So something did happen!" Blaise gave him a victorious smile.

Draco was about to say something back to him but was cut off by another voice.

"Ooh... Trouble in Paradise?"

The two buys turned towards the source of the voice, noticing a girl with a smug expression on her face standing a few steps away from them.

"Not you..." Draco groaned quietly, burying his face in his hands, annoyed.

"Hello, Gina," Blaise greeted the strawberry blonde haired girl causally.

"Hi, guys," she sat down on the sofa that was facing them, crossing her legs. "Long time, no see."

"Yeah, why don't we keep it that way?" Draco gave her a cold look.

"Wow, that's not a nice way to talk to a lady."

"Thank Merlin you're not a lady, then."

"Draco," Blaise narrowed his eyes at him warningly, but he didn't pay attention to him.

"Oh, Drakie, you're so cold," Gina pouted. "I'm sure your little girlfriend wouldn't appreciate you treating me this way. Or... Is she not your girlfriend anymore?" Her lips curved into a smirk.

"She wouldn't appreciate you annoying me either, but I guess there's nothing we can do."

"So you two are still together?" She raised an eyebrow at him. "Shocking."

Draco's expression got angrier.

"What do you mean by shocking?"

"Oh, you know," she leaned back, taking a glance at her nails. "The two of you don't necessarily match. You should be with someone more like..."

"Like you?" He asked in a bored tone.

"I mean, I would look great by your side, so yes. But I guess the Ministry really tried to put you in your place by pairing you up with a Hufflepuff girl."

"Put me in my place?" He asked back, his eyes hardening.

"Don't act all tense now, Drakie. They obviously wouldn't pair you up with anyone with a good name after everything you've done. They must have wanted to make you feel embarrassed by making you live with a badger."