Chapter 25: Uninvited Visitors

During a slow and calm Tuesday afternoon, Katherine was walking around the school in the company of her friend, Pansy.

The two of them were just chatting along peacefully, discussing their ideas about an essay they had to write for a class, when all of a sudden, someone stepped in front of them.

"Hello –"

"What the hell do you want, Pebble?" Pansy narrowed her eyes, looking up at the Gryffindor with distaste.

"Whoa, don't be so rude, Parkinson. I would just like to have a little talk with Katherine, that's all."

"And I would just like to take my wand and –"

"What do you want, Aiden?" Kat interrupted her, staring at the pair of icy blue eyes that were already fixed on her.

"To talk, like I just said."

"Then talk to someone who actually cares," the Slytherin commented, an annoyed expression obvious on her face.

"Pansy!" Katherine turned to her with wide eyes.

"What? I was just stating a fact, I think it's obvious that neither of us is interested in whatever it is that he has to say, it's just a waste of time and energy."

"You don't even know what I want to say," Aiden furrowed his eyebrows.

"Right, and I couldn't care less. Now go and steal other people's oxygen, we don't want you here."

"Wait, Pansy," Katherine spoke up softly.

"Yeah?"

"I would like to hear what he has to say."

Pansy's eyes widened in surprise. For a few seconds, she just stared at her like she was crazy.

"Why would you want to do that?"

"To give him a chance to explain himself?" She shrugged.

"Or to give him a chance to try and hurt you again. Kat, I get that you want to see the best in everyone, but what do you expect to see in him after what happened?"

"Uh, I'm still here," the Gryffindor scratched the back of his neck.

"No shit!" Pansy gave him an angry look.

"Okay, listen," Katherine put a hand on her shoulder in a calming way. "Just give me like five minutes, then we'll continue on our way, okay?"

Crossing her arms on her chest, the Slytherin let out a big sigh.

"Are you sure you want to listen to Stoner?"

"It's still Stone."

"And I still don't care, so..."

"Yes, Pansy, I'm sure."

After a few seconds of silence, she nodded her head slowly.

"Fine, whatever. But I'll be standing over there by the window, so just know that I'm watching you," she said to Aiden.

"Cool," he nodded lazily, annoyed by her presence.

With a last scoff at the boy, she turned away, walking towards the window.

"So," Katherine looked at him again. "What is it?"

Placing his hands in his pockets, he gave her a lazy half-smile.

"You know... It doesn't have to end this way."

The Hufflepuff's face turned confused.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I mean," he lowered his voice, "every relationship has its ups and downs, I get that, so if you want, I can forget about our little fight or whatever, we could start again on a new page. Or maybe not," he took a tiny step closer to her, "because I would love to remember the pissed-off you, it was really hot."

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, you heard what I said."

"Okay, please get away from me," she frowned, taking a step backwards.

"Damn it, Stone!" Kat heard another voice.

Looking to her right, she saw a ginger guy appearing out of nowhere, and he was coming towards them.

"What?" He asked back.

"What do you mean what? You were supposed to apologise to her!"

"What is Weasley doing here?" Pansy walked back to them with a mad expression.

"Don't tell me what to do," Aiden shot back at Ron, ignoring Pansy.

"Then go away, you're no use for me!"

Taking a last look at Kat, the blue-eyed Gryffindor turned his back to the small group and walked away.

With a nervous look appearing on his face, the redhead turned to the two girls.

"Well, I uh... Sorry about that."

"What exactly was that?" Katherine asked him.

"You see... I have to – I mean, I would like to apologise for saying... You know... The things I said to Draco..."

"The things you said?"

"Yeah, back when you made me laugh... In a not-so-pleasurable way."

"Oh," Katherine said. "Well, that wasn't really yesterday."

"I know, I know... Well, better late, than never, right?"

"But why are you apologising to me? It was Draco that you told those things to."

"Yeah, but... Just tell him that I'm sorry, okay?"

"Couldn't you apologise to him instead of using her as a messenger?" Pansy raised an eyebrow at him.

"Quiet, Parkinson, I didn't ask you."

"Watch your language with me, Weasley!"

"I'll tell him," Katherine cut in quickly.

"You will?" Ron gave her a surprised face.

"Sure," she nodded.

"Great, thanks. Well, I'll be going, then... Bye."

Not wasting any more time, he turned around and left.

Noticing the look on her face, Kat turned her attention back to her friend.

"What?"

"Your kindness is going to get you killed one day."

"Or maybe it's going to save me," she smiled at her.

The Slytherin just shook her head at her, then they continued their way to the Library.

Those essays weren't going to write themselves, after all.