love shot.

[ O3

[ O3.O1.2O2O - revised. ]

soft hands clasped a shopping bag brimming with fresh orchids, the sweet blossoms caressed jinsoul's senses, she could imagine the delicately biter taste of the petals as she skipped up the stairs. her body couldn't help but outwardly express the glee that made a soft smile spread across her flawless face.

she had bought her girlfriend (jungeun) a bouquet & perfume; she also carried a handwritten note of her affection. there was no precise reason for her sudden gifting, unless of course, she counted the sweet & sunshiny smile that would take jinsoul's breath away when jungeun saw the gifts.

keys jingling merrily, she unlocked the door as her soft voice pierced the air.

"lippie, i brought you something!" she heard a faint thud & rustling, but no response to her greeting. worry volted her into the room that sourced the sound, and that when gravity let go with a shattering sound and left the blonde floating against her mind.

kim lip was under the covers, her bra haphazardly half-on. jinsoul didn't care about that. what broke her heart was seeing her close friend--jiwoo--laying beside her, her brown doe-eyes wide with shock & her neck covered in purple & red. jinsoul stared, her expression blank but her eyes deep pools of sorrow.

"jinsoul, i-it's not what y-" whispered jungeun; she she was halted by the blonde's agonized, raspy voice.

"so you not only fuck my best friend, but you even go as far as to lie to me when it's clear you've let your lips touch any broken girl who trusts you enough to let you in. pathetic." jinsoul practically spat her words at her former love, tears bucketing down her milky cheeks.

jungeun then noticed the pink envelope in jinsoul's hand; horrified when she realized the meaning of it. she attempted to get up, to explain. jinsoul looked crushed as she opened the letter and read in a honeyed tone:

"dear jungeun, you are my universe. i knew it from the first day i saw your dark brown hair. i hope to spend every breath of this short existence in the warmth of your arms. you are my sunshine in this blazing winter. love, jin."

jiwoo, fully dressed at this point, walked up to jinsoul, swallowing the guilt that wanted to suffocate her words.

"i didn't know you...she told me that she had broken up with someone but she never said who she was...i'm so sorry, jinsoul."

"i know you didn't know, because you are a true friend. someone who truly loves me. i need you to leave. okay?"

the two conserved like jungeun wasn't even there; like she were as invisible as a shadow in the dark.

jiwoo was gone instantly, as she didn't want to disrupt any more than she had already had.

"what was i to you? just some broken doll you pretend to love & fixed up just enough to keep me here? just some wind-up music box that sings when you need it to?" her gaze was dead, her face harsh whilst her voice was a void of sorrow.

"n-no, please let me-" pleaded jungeun, but jinsoul's words stopped her.

"no. i don't want any more of your  lies."

jinsoul threw the shopping bag, shattering the vase of flowers; they tasted like death. jinsoul faded out of the apartment so quickly it was as if she were never there. she wasn't there, not anymore.

jungeun stumbled into her bathroom, knocking priceless amounts of skincare bottles, makeup, and accessories onto the floor, some of them crumbling as some of them shattered and bled out colors. she slammed herself into the mirror, tumbling down from the impact. her head buzzed as tears mixed with the blood oozing down her face as she choked on the loss of her love & the weight of her stupidity.

FIN.