Smile for me- lonashipping

Start from the beginning

"Great. Let me know how it goes." Lillie remarked.

Lana nodded. So, Lillie went into the school and waited by a window to see what would happen. Gladion arrived shortly after and approached the school.

"Hi Gladion." Lana suddenly appeared next to him.

"Hello." Gladion replied.

"So, what are you up to?" Lana asked.

"Going into school. Like everyone else." Gladion answered wearily.

Though he didn't stop in his stride. He walked right past her into the school.

"Right." Lana muttered.

"Hey Lana, can we talk?" Hau asked.

"Sure." Lana turned to him.

Not long after, Gladion came in with the same usual blank expression. Though Lana came in with the biggest smile, with Hau not far behind her. Lana took a seat next to Lillie just as the class started.

"What happened with Gladion?" Lillie whispered to Lana.

"Nothing. But as soon as Gladion walked away, Hau asked me out and I said yes." Lana chirped happily.

That means it definitely isn't Lana. The only other girl here today is Mallow, seeing that Moon is absent. All that's left is to ask Mallow.

So, Lillie waited for lunch and scooted over to Mallow.

"Hey Mallow. Can I ask you a weird favor?" Lillie asked.

"Ok? What are you trying to ask?" Mallow questioned.

"Can you try to make Gladion smile?" Lillie asked.

"What? But...but..." Mallow stuttered. "You know I like someone." She whispered.

"I know but it's just part of a little experiment of mine. I'm trying to figure out who is the one to make him smile. So, I thought I'd start with our classmates." Lillie explained.

"Fine. But I'm still against this." Mallow grumbled.

She stood up and went over to Gladion. She tried to her best to looks like her chipper self but she didn't want to worry about breaking his heart. Gladion had been through enough already.

"Hi Gladion." Mallow greeted.

"Hey." Gladion replied.

"What are you doing?" Mallow asked.

"Eating lunch. Like everyone else." Gladion raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Oh, well...you see..." Mallow fumbled for a reason.

As Mallow struggled for a response Gladion noticed two particular classmates eyeing him and Mallow. It quickly clicked in his mind and he smirked.

"You know Mallow, I think I know what's going on." Gladion stood up.

Mallow stepped back as he stepped towards her.

"W-what are you doing?" Mallow squeaked in surprise as Gladion placed his hand against wall behind her.

"I'm helping you." Gladion whispered in her ear. "Look to your left and you'll know what I mean." Mallow looked and saw a fuming Kiawe. "Now I'm going to walk away before he threatens to clobber me. Enjoy."

Gladion stepped back and walked out of the school. Lillie followed him quickly after.

"Gladion!" Lillie called after him.