8 - to us! (...open bar)

December 31, 2019 - 9:30pm

Guests around the room applauded Yoongi after his speech and the applause grew when Namjoon got caught up in the moment and kissed his new husband once more.

As Namjoon alluded earlier in the evening, dinner would come after the speeches and the wait staff were already coming around with food.

Yoongi, remembering the image of Hoseok and Taehyung's joined hands - not to mention he was still seated next to them - had zero appetite. He rose from his seat quietly and walked out of the wedding hall.

And then he felt it.

It started as a twitch in his fingers. Patting his pockets. His mouth going dry and mind going blank.

He needed a smoke.

He'd promised Jimin that he'd avoid them at the rehearsal dinner, when he excused himself for a break. ("I wish you wouldn't. It's terrible for you, hyung." "I won't. Not on your big day, Minnie.") He'd even left his pack in the rental car.

It wasn't even a big deal, he didn't even smoke that much. Just when he was stressed. So... yes, actually he smoked quite a lot.

But he was quitting.

It was hard.

And he didn't always smoke. He started when...

When Hoseok left. He'd traded one addiction for another. And tonight both were making him weak: because Hoseok was now here and his cigarettes were now not.

He paced in the hallway for a few moments. He couldn't go back in there. Sit next to Taehyung and 'Hoseokie'.

He considered going upstairs to his hotel room and hiding out, but ultimately found a happy medium:

He'd sit at the bar.

🖤

"Oh! The best man! You're starting early - what can I get you?"

"A whiskey, neat."

A poorly-executed whisper followed, "Oh my fucking god! It's Agust D!"

The bartender turned around to glare at his coworker, "For fuck's sake, Jungkook! Stop fanboying and get me a glass."

[ jungoo, nervous fanboy bunny]

Yoongi chuckled, "It's fine...," he craned his neck to see the nametag of the man with unreasonably wide shoulders, "Seokjin." 

"