Chapter 21

A week passed, Eddie started getting his natural colour back. You could barely see his ribs, he was healing. He was still a little sore from the bruises and the cut on his forehead, that was all. All the losers headed back home for a couple days to relax; as of now the seven were at the quarry.

"It feels like we haven't done this in so long." Eddie said.

"Yeah.." Stan replied.

"Are you sure you wanna do this Ed's?" Richie said.

"Yes Rich, I'm okay."

One by one they jumped in. They played for a couple hours then headed to the clubhouse.

•Time skip cause I'm lazy•

Beverly stole the hammock for once, along with Bill cuddling next to her. Are they dating? Ben thought, as he felt his eyes tear up.

Richie sat on the ground on a warm fluffy blanket, Eddie's head in his lap.

"Not to get in yall's business but are you guys dating?" Richie said.

"W-why w-w-would you t-think that?"

"Uh maybe it's because you're looking at her with puppy eyes, and cuddling up next to her while she plays with your hair?"

Eddie giggled. "It's true, you guys can tell us anything you know that right?"

"Okay maybe we are.." Bev said, blushing.

"Maybe?!" Richie said desperately, grinning at her.

"Yes! Okay, we are."

"Ooohhhhhhh. How long?" Richie smiled.

"Since that day at the quarry, when we took a walk. Because you and Eddie wouldn't shut up." She laughed.

Eddie looked at Ben staying silent In the corner, he looked at if he was gonna break into tears. Eddie got up, and took Bens hand.

"Take a walk?"

Ben smiled, "Y-yeah."

"Where are you guys going?"

"Just taking a walk. And before you say anything, I'm okay Rich."

Richie shut his mouth.

"Stay safe!!!" He hollered as the two walked out. He sighed.

"Rich, you think you're overreacting a bit?" Mike said.

"What?! How?!"

"I think someone's a little overprotective of Eddie," Beverly teased.

"Oh...

Well have you forgot he was tortured and kidnapped by his own mother?!?!"

"We know Rich. I just-

"You just, what Stan?"

"Eddie seems to be a little annoyed. He's fine Richie, he's back home. Cause we are all protecting him. He's not going anywhere."

Richie looked down, "Annoyed...?"

"Just try and not worry so much, he's okay."

Richie sighed, "I'm just stressed out."

He fell back onto the blanket, Stanley lying next to him.

"Eddie's strong Rich. You know that, we all do."

Richie smiled, "Yeah...yeah he is. I guess I'm just scared for him."

Stan stood up, "I know. But you can't live your whole life afraid Richie."