17 • A Letter From A Past Friend

"Rumi, you don't have to be here you know, I'm fine," Y/N tried to sweetly get rid of her friend. 

"No way, after what happened at UA, you are not allowed out of my sight!" she said as she hugged her friend as tight as she could. Y/N chuckled a bit and finally eased Rumi off of her. Ever since Y/N had been done being questioned about the incident at the stadium, Rumi, the rabbit hero: Miruko, decided that it would be best to look after (more like bother) Y/N at Y/N's apartment.

"Ok, ok fine," Y/N started, "So then what have you planned for us to do to distract me from my trauma," Y/N joked.

Rumi looked at her with a blank face. "Oh uh...yikes I didn't think I'd get this far, hehe..." she nervously laughed it off, shrugging her shoulders. 

"Well since you have nothing, how about I vent to you for a bit," Y/N said, knowing that Rumi loved hearing any type of drama.

"OOOOH, of course, my amazing friend!" she cooed as she patted the couch she was sitting on for Y/N to sit. "Just out of curiosity, is this about Keigo, perhaps~~~~!?" she further pressed raising her eyebrow seductively.

Y/N slightly blushed but it was quickly gone. "N-no, it's not about him," she trailed off, "It's about something I realized through this whole incident with the villain,"

"And what is that?" Rumi questioned lifting her brow.

Y/N took a deep breath before she began. "I've always known that it would take a lot of effort, drive, and work to become a great hero and don't get me wrong for being my age, being able to work at the Endeavor agency and having the number eleven spot is amazing, but," she paused, "I feel like recently, I haven't gotten anywhere..." she stated. Rumi looked at her, scrunching her face a bit. "I wasn't to be like you and Hawks; I want to be in the top five and eventually be number 1," she said triumphantly.

Rumi smiled. "Great ambitions girlie, but what makes you so sure that I won't be number one before you can!" she joked.

"Whatever," Y/N playfully rolled her eyes, "Anyway, I feel like I've been getting sidetrack with a lot of things going on in my life and if I wait too long, I'll get left behind," she said somewhat sadly and looked down at her lap. 

"AWW, my little baby! Don't worry, I believe in you, and really, that's all you need~" she flipped her white hair. "But seriously, do you have a plan or goal you want to focus on?" she inquired.

"Well," Y/N drew out, "I was thinking of teaming up with or asking other hero's if I could train with them. Don't get me wrong, the Endeavor agency is pretty good, it's just training there is pretty independent and if you don't know how to improve yourself, it can be pretty hard to go anywhere," she trailed off, trying to not make it seems like the agency was bad (even though the head was a total dick-head)

"I would say you could come with me but, I feel like we would both get pretty distracted," she made up an excuse, "But, I bet there is a certain birb that would be more than happy to help you~!", she purred, insinuating she should ask the winged hero for help.

Y/N sighed. "Rumi, I can't do that because, well," she paused suspensefully, leaving the rabbit hero on the edge of her seat, "Well, it's because I think Hawks is-"

DING DONG

They both turned to the door as it rang. "I guess I'll get it," said Y/N and Rumi nodded. Y/N walked towards the door, hesitant to open it just in case it was the handsome devil they were talking about. She quickly opened the door awaiting the worse to be present.