(13) - One That Got Away

Start from the beginning

"Why you think that?"

"I know a true man when I see one." She smirked watching outside, nodding her head.

Meeting Paisli was one of the best things that happened to me at rehab. Through these good and bad months, She took my mind off of being in this place. I didn't hear voices in my head and for the slightest moments; I didn't think about the wrong that I did to my family. She became the haven, the physical diary that I needed at that moment. Even in her times of struggle from her pain killer addiction, I stood by her cause she definitely stood next to me the whole way.

"So you plan ongoing back home?" She asked as she stood at the doorway of my room as I looked down at the picture of me and my family.

"Nah," I sighed, "Maybe One day but not now, I gotta get myself up first." I answered truthfully and sat the picture back on the desk as she took a seat next to me and smiled.

"What's the first thing you'll do when you're out?" I asked her just to see if she had any plans or not.

"I'm staying." she quickly answered making me snap my neck towards her.

Paisli had all the chances to leave the rehab and honestly get her life back with no problems. In the few months that I knew her, she had it more together than anyone else.

"Why?"

"I don't think I'm mentally there yet so I extended just for a week but when I do leave the first thing I'm doing is ordering a nice salmon and a Trinidad cocktail," She smiled as I laughed continuing to pack my bags.

"I'm having a godfather and then I won't drink again." I shrugged my shoulders.

"So we'll save that when we meet again."

I looked up to her as she sifted through my records and pulled out the Leon Bridges album I brought just before admitting myself in here.

"So we meeting again?"

I honestly thought that we wouldn't meet again, a man like me was always on the move and she seemed like once she was adjusted to life, she was going to be married and with kids in a matter of time. I honestly was enjoying myself with Paisli but after this day, it'll be just a memory.

"I honestly don't know maybe our lives will align one day, If not," She turned to me placing her hand on my cheek and kissed me softly instantly making me heart beat faster than usual but in the best way possible.

I grinned as our fingers intertwined. "Save that drink for me."

I looked at the multiple documents that Neville had stored in his laptop that Amira encrypted, making me nod my head

I looked at the multiple documents that Neville had stored in his laptop that Amira encrypted, making me nod my head. Documents that showed  from where his grow houses were and employees who worked there. He also had all his custos from his start in 2005 and were still loyal to him until this day. A few names I remembered and a few that seemed like some new faces but what called caught my eye was Governor Foster.