Birthday Gift

I walked toward my house, in a really sad mood. Talia had ignored me so many times, but this time I was really hurt, especially, since even though people didn't remember it, it was my birthday today. I walked around town until it was noon, when he decided to sit on a nearby bench. As I sat, Olivia and Elaine walked by, coming back from a late lunch.

"Mari!" Olivia said, sitting down beside me.

"There you are," Elaine said, sitting down as well.

"Yeah... hi..." I muttered gloomily.

"What's the matter?" Olivia asked.

"Yeah, your not yourself," Elaine agreed.

"It's... it's nothing," I insisted as I looked up, quickly wiping my eyes.

"Why are you crying?" Olivia asked.

"N-no... no reason..." I insisted.

"Mari, if you don't tell us we'll have to force it out of you!" Olivia said, wiggling her fingers.

"Come on Olivia, not now..." I said, backing up into Elaine.

"Yes now, you need cheering up!" Elaine agreed.

"N-no, come on guys! Please!" I begged.

"Sorry!" They replied in unison.

They got up and each grabbed an ankle in a headlock, took off my shoes and scribbled their fingers all over my soles.
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! NO! DOOOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHON'T! PLEEEHEHEHEHEHEHEASE! I'M TICKLISH! PLEHEHEHEHEHEASE! STOP IT!" I screamed as they tickled my feet.
Little did we know that Talia was watching all of this from afar.

"Okay, now that you're all cheered up, what happened?" Elaine asked, seeing I couldn't take much more.

"Thanks and well... it's... it's Talia..." I answered finally.

"Did she ignore you again?" Olivia asked.

"Y-yeah..."

"So, what's new!?" Olivia said. "OW!" She yelled as Elaine elbowed her hard in the side. "Sorry..." Olivia apologized.

"No, it's fine. You're right... I dunno, it's just... just that it's... my birthday today and..." I started, on the verge of tears again.

"WHAT!?" Olivia and Elaine yelled simultaneously.

"IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY?! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US?!?!" Olivia shouted.

"It's fine... I'm used to no one remembering..." I answered sadly.

"Mari! We're your friends! We would've celebrated it with you!" Elaine said.

"R-really?" I asked, astounded.

"Of course!" Olivia agreed.

"Just knowing that... makes me feel better, but..."

"But what?" Elaine asked.

"Talia..."

"Why do you care so much?" Olivia asked.

"Why do you insist on hanging with her?" Elaine asked.

"I-I can't help it... I love her..." I said; Talia let out a tear.

"You really do, don't you?" Elaine commented.

"Yeah..."

"Well, ya know... what I mean is... uh... Elaine?" Olivia said, trying to give me some advice.

"What she's trying to say is, that if you really love her then you should just keep trying and don't give up, and for you, that shouldn't be a problem!" Elaine said.