My Group, My Family

Emily's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of foot steps coming towards my room. "Sorry did I wake you?" A man with a sheriff's uniform said in a faint voice. "Nope, I was just waking up anyway," I said yawning. "I was just wondering how you were feeling, Daryl has been kinda worried bout ya," he said giving me a smirk. "I think that guy has some feelings for ya," the guy said. "Haha he's pretty cute, gotta admit," I said winking back at him. "I'm Rick, your Emily right?" "Yep, that's me," I said smiling up at him. "I got one more thing, be catious about Shane, he's the guy with the shaved head if you didn't know. Your the kind of girl Shane would go for because your young and your pretty, so just be careful," Rick said with his eyebrows raised. "Got it officer," then with that Rick walked out of the room.

I sat up and took a couple drinks of water then looked around. When I looked to the chair on my right I saw my weapons. A feeling of relief washed over me. I think they trust me, I was surprised they trusted me so quick and easily. I stood up and waiting for a minute to catch my balance.  After that I didn't want to go outside unarmed so I stuck my pocket knife in my boot, just to be safe.

I saw a little boy walking around, probably 10, maybe 12. He reminded me of my younger sister, which brought water to my eyes, but I just held it back. I walked over to the little kid, "Hey what's your name?" I asked the brown headed boy. "I'm Carl," he said looking up with those baby blue eyes. "I'm Emily, what are you doing out here?" "Just thinking," he said looking at the ground. "Yeah sometimes you just need to think for a bit," I said smiling down at him. "Your my new best friend," Carl said standing up then giving me a hug. It shocked me at first but I still hugged him back. "I'll talk to you later Carl gotta go talk to some people," I said turning my back towards him.

A woman with medium length brown hair was sitting against a tree crying. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked the woman. "I'm Lori, and yeah I'm fine," she said wiping the tears off her eyes. "You don't seem okay. Wanna tell me what's on your mind? Anything you tell me stays between you and me, promise," I said holding out my pinkie. She took the gesture and did the same, "I'm pregnant,  I don't know if it's Shane's or Rick's," she said burying her head in her knees. "Did you tell Rick yet?" I said looking at her. She put her head up and replied with a soft,"no." With that I stood up and stuck out my hand. She grabbed mine and pulled herself up. "Thank you, I needed someone to talk to," she said giving me a hug. I nodded then went on my way towards Shane.

"Hey, what you working on there," I said standing over his shoulder. "Hi Emily, up already," he said looking up at me. "Yeah just needed a power nap," I said sitting on the opposite side of the table. "I'm just cleaning out my gun," he said looking down. "I hate cleaning guns," I said taking my hair out of my pony tail because I was getting another headache. "You clean guns? Huh, for a pretty girl I'm sure you get underestimated a lot," he said with a grin across his face. "Yeah but then I prove them wrong," I said standing up and walking towards Daryl.

"What's up?" I said looking at Daryl's crossbow on the back of the truck. "Cleaning my arrows, how you feeling?" He said looking up at me. "I'm just fine, no need to worry," I said smiling.

Daryl's P.O.V. 

"Good, glad your okay. Your the only normal girl around here," I said making her laugh. Which made me smile too. "What did you do before this," I asked Emily. "Well when it all started I was in my car and got attached by walkers but I didn't have any weapons so I used my car key to kill em. Pretty surprising right," I said smiling at the ground. "You were alone that whole time?" I asked making direct eye contact with her. "Yep, nobody else to worry about but me. Now I got more people to worry about," I said with a wink then jogged back to the house.

While I was walking towards the house I heard moans behind me. I gasped only to be taken down by 3 walkers. I grabbed my pocket knife and plunged it through their heads. After I ended their lives I quickly stood up and brushed myself off, but when I looked back up I saw about 100 more coming.

A/N: Okay so quick chapter! Haha I hope you guys like it so far!:) Just leave some comments so I know what you think! Keep reading!✌