Chapter 23- A Quick Detour

Začať od začiatku

"Good! Now you kids run along now. The sun has already started setting." Y/N said with a gentle smile as she pointed at the setting sun that was slowly descending amongst the tall trees. The two teens nodded hastily and ran back to where they came from, scared.

Y/N watched as the two teens' silhouettes started to become smaller and smaller as they ran farther away. She doesn't normally snap, but those kids had to be taught a lesson somehow.

"W-we've been saved by the champion !" Child A cheered as they let out an exasperated sigh.
"It's no problem really." Y/N replied with a smile.
"We can't thank you enough, miss!" Child B thanked, hugging Y/N's legs due to the big height difference.
"In the future, we hope to become just like you and your amazingly strong pokemon!" Child C said to
Y/N enthusiastically
"Haha, yeah... just like me." Y/N replied, mumbling the last few words.

'Gal Gal Gallade, Gallade Gal.' Gallade said to Y/N, tapping her shoulder.
"Oh yes, they do need to get home. Thank you for reminding me, sweetheart." Y/N said thanking Gallade.
"Children, we have to get you home before your parents go find you. I'd like it if you told me where you live so my pokemon and I can assist you there." Y/N stated in a soft voice.
"We live in Laverre city!" Child B spoke, letting go of the champion's legs.
"Laverre city? That's a little far from here." Y/N said with a raised eyebrow.
"We live in Laverre but we're all out here camping." Child A explained nervous about how Y/N would react.
"Ah, I assume you children got lost while wandering around when your parents told you not to go too far." Y/N stated, a knowing look gracing her features.

Y/N knew she was right when all three children went silent, making her shake her head laughing.
"Such a silly bunch of kids you are. Come on, let's find your camp site." Y/N said, taking Child C's hand into hers.

The sun had already set when the group saw a bunch of tents set up around a campfire, Y/N knew that it was a high possibility that other people could've been camping there, but she had to take the chances.

'Garchomp Gar'
'Umbreon umbre' Garchomp and Umbreon said, stepping in front of Y/N and the children.
"Alright, go on first. But stay alert." Y/N said, letting the two pokemon go ahead.
Garchomp and Umbreon searched the area, a lot of photography equipment was found, but no people or pokemon.

'Gar gar!' Garchomp called out, signing that it was clear for Y/N to investigate herself. The champion along with the children and her other pokemon took a look at the three tents that were set up.

Y/N let out a sigh.
"There's no one here, let's start searching for more sites-" Y/N stated but was cut off by the sound of voices that came from close by.
"Meowstic, Tyrantrum, Umbreon. Get the children." Y/N said, signaling for her three pokemon to step in front of the children to protect them.
"Garchomp, Gallade. My side." Y/N quickly followed, snapping her fingers to call her pokemon who were immediately at her sides.

The voices were fast approaching and Gallade was now forming an Aura Sphere. But as Y/N was getting more worried, the children started to become calmer by the second.
"Heyyyy, I know those voices." Child A said with a smile.
"They sound awfully familiar." Child B said, copying the same smile A wore.
"It's almost as if we hear them all the time." Child C said, all three children now smiling like idiots.
"Children, I need you to take this situation seriously so we can find your par-" Ok when will Y/N stop being interrupted.

"Our babies!" Y/N suddenly heard, and saw six adults now rushing to the three children, low-key pushing Meowstic and Tyrantrum out of the way.
"Oh. That's why." Y/N mumbled to herself, feeling kinda stupid for not realizing things.
'Gal Gallade' Gallade mumbled to Y/N, which she scoffed in reply.
"I feel more stupid than the two of you right now, so no need to feel that stupidity." Y/N whisper screamed to her two pokemon.

"Mommy, mommy. Look who saved us!" Child C said, snapping Y/N out of her daydream.
The adults turn around to look at Y/N, and they are understandably shocked.
"Oh my! The champion saved you!" The mother of Child C exclaimed, covering her mouth in shock.
"Ms. Champion, we thank you so much for saving our daughter and her friends." Another one of the mothers thanked, wrapping an arm around Child C's mothers's shoulders.
"Yeah! You brought me back to my mommies!" Child C cheered with a big happy smile(Yes. Two moms. Deal with it).
"No need to thank me at all, it's my job to protect you all." Y/N replied.
"Would you like to stay for dinner?" Child B asked Y/N shyly, making Y/N giggle.
"I'd love to, but I have some duties to get to." Y/N replied with a sympathetic look on her face.
"Awww!" The three children whined in unision making all the adults and pokemon laugh.

"I'll be taking my leave now, I hope you all have a great evening!" Y/N said, turning to leave.
"See you, miss champion!" Child A said, waving goodbye.
"See you, future champions!" Y/N replied, waving back.
"Come visit us in Laverre when you can!" Child C added, waving too.
"Will do!" Y/N said with a smile, walking away with her pokemon.

"Miss champion... until when will I be that." Y/N said barely audible for a normal human to hear, but audible enough for her pokemon to hear.
'Gal Gallade Gal' Gallade asked, patting Y/N's back gently.
"Hehe, yeah. Still thinking about that." Y/N replied with a sarcastic laugh.
'Garchomp Gar.' Garchomp spoke, making Y/N lips form into a smile.
"I know Raihan and Leon would still love me for whatever I am. Champion or not." Y/N stated, making her teammates 'aw' in their own languages.
'Meowstic Meow' Meowstic spoke, pulling on the hem of Y/N's shirt.
"Huh. Yeah you're right. We should visit mom and dad. I think I need some help with this decision."
Y/N replied, nodding.
"Well then, team. To Laverre we shall go!" Y/N stated, recieving cheers from her team mates.

Well now you know, folks! Sometimes taking A Quick Detour doesn't hurt.

LMAO IT'S BEEN AWHILE
A lot more things werw actually supposed to happen here, but ya know ya girl is p lazy as of the moment so eheh... yeah.
But you may be thinking : "What is Y/N gonna do about that big decision?"
Ya gotta find out in the next chapter!

I hope this chapter is satisfying enough for you, and I hope atleast I made some of you a little bit happier, despite the current virus that has been become a bigger problem than expected.

One more thing! We're currently at 91k reads and I'm planning to do a Q & A once we reach 100k. So send some questions in if ya wanna!
I need some way to distract myself from the stress of the take home work that is fast approaching. And I just want to entertain y'all as much as possible cuz why not UwU

Anyway, that's it for now! Stay safe and healthy everyone, and hopefully things will get better fast and soon. Signing off!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜