x. no trust without the truth

☆。 *。 ☆。
★ 。 \   |   / 。 ★
T O B E   T R U S T E D
( chapter ten )
★ 。 /   |   \ 。 ★
☆。 *。 ☆。

☆。 *。 ☆。★ 。 \   |   / 。 ★T O   B E   T R U S T E D( chapter ten )★ 。 /   |   \ 。 ★☆。 *。 ☆。

* . °•| When Paul showed up at Lyla's house to keep working on her car the evening of Jacob's debut back at school, he was surprised to find Lyla already outside, sitting on the hood of her car waiting for him.

"Hey." He said carefully, he'd figured she would shout at him the moment he arrived because of Jacob, and braced himself.

"Let's get on with it then." She said bluntly, getting off the hood and setting to work, only talking to him when necessary.

It had been twenty minutes before Paul decided he couldn't take it anymore.

"So, you aren't going to say anything?" He asked, throwing down the tool he was holding in frustration.

His temper was better than it used to be, yes - he had pretty good motivation to keep it under control now - but it was still bad, and this whole situation already had his heart hammering.

"You wouldn't like what I have to say, so better to just work, get the car finished and then never speak again." Lyla snapped, not looking away from the car.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes."

"It's not like you to bite your tongue." He pointed out, but got no reply. "Come on, Lyla, please, can you at least listen to what I have to say?"

She turned to look at him at that, sighing and arching her eyebrow in expectation.

"Look, you know I can't tell you yet-" Paul sighed, but Lyla cut him off fiercely.

"Why? What are you waiting for?" She snapped at him.

"If I told you right now, could you promise that you wouldn't run straight back to Jess and Quil and tell them?" He challenged, she fell silent. "I didn't think so."

"Well, if that's what you're waiting for, you'll be waiting for a long time." Lyla told him angrily.

"Fine by me." He told her, picking up a wrench to fiddle with. "I'm not going to tell you the whole deal until I know you're ready... But, I will tell you a bit, if it means you'll stop looking at me like you want to bash my head in."

"I doubt anything can stop that." She muttered and rolled her eyes when he chuckled at her attitude.

He was slowly calming himself down, just her presence was enough to get him half way there.