Chapter 3

After a couple minutes Finn wiped his tears away and went over to Rachel, he sat down next to her and pulled her head into his lap. He gently shook her head from side to side, "Rachel wake up!" Rachel continued to lie there. Finn started lightly slapping her face, not to hurt her but to wake her up.

Rachel stirred and opened her eyes, she sees Finn's face looking at her and concern is in his eyes.

"What happened?" she asks.

"You fainted."

Rachel sits up and looks around and then at him.

"So we’re really stuck here?" Rachel asks him.

"I'm afraid so."

Rachel starts crying again. Great big sobs rack her body. It's too much, her mom is gone and she's stuck god knows where with someone that hates her. Which is why she's so surprised when he pulls her close to him and gathers her in his arms, holding her. He strokes her hair as she cries and she feels comfort at what he's doing. She wraps her arms around his waist and continues to cry. After a while when Rachel has stopped crying and they continue to sit there, Finn still holding her.

"Rachel, look at me."

Rachel looks up at him, her face is all red from crying but Finn can't help but notice that she looks delicate and beautiful all the same.

"Look, I know we haven't gotten along and we’re different. But we have to stick together and be strong. We don't know how long we’re going to be here for and we need to work together if we’re going to survive."

Rachel nods, "You’re right, so we’re starting over?"

Finn smiles, "Yeah, you could say that."

Rachel manages a small smile back at him, "Okay, well, what's first?"

"Well, first things first we get a good night’s sleep. Because we’re getting up at sunrise to get started," Finn tells her as he stands up and pulls her to her feet.

They go below to the cabins and he walks her to hers. She pauses and looks at him, there are tears in her eyes. "Are we going to die?"

Finn pulls her to him and wraps his arms around her again. "No, we’re not going to die, I won't let that happen. We have enough food to last us a long time as long as we ration it. And we’re going to search the island tomorrow. So let's just think positive, okay?"

She nods against his chest and after a minute he releases her. "Good night, Rachel."

"Night, Finn," she says as she enters her room and shuts her door.