Reunited

"Another day." I mumble to my self when I wake up early in the morning. Slowly a crawl out of bed and put on my swimsuit and an oversized tee shirt to go with it. Then I'm leaving my dorm for the indoor pool across the street.

I don't get breakfast cause I know I'll just throw it all back up if I eat before I practice.

An hour or two goes by and I haven't stoped swimming, but now its time to test how far I can push my powers today. I start off by making a whirlpool. I figured out that I can move water with my mind but using hand motions help concentrate it. So I spin my hand in the direction i want the water to move. It starts slow but gradually gets faster until the water that I'm controlling begins to float.

there's a giant whirlpool midair when someone abruptly enters the pool area.

My concentration snaps to the intruder no one ever comes in here and I wonder why today.

My breathing picks up when I meet eyes with who it is.

He's here-fuck.

"Hey beautiful." He says slightly confidently

"Hi-hi" I whisper back not making a move to get out of the pool.

"That was some show you were putting on." I don't say anything in response so he continues, "How have you been? Did Emma and Blake leave?"

I nod my head only answering one of his questions. He walks over to the depot the pool and begins to take off his shoes and socks rolling up his pant legs as he does. Then he settles down with his feet in the water. He doesn't look at me, instead he focuses on his feet. Watching them through the water.

Then we were silent until he decides to talk again, "I hate water you know? Spent over 50 years frozen in water. I can't stand to be in it anymore." After sharing that information with me he sild down into the water.

"What are you..." I begin to ask but he cuts me off.

"But I would do anything to get to you." He said and somehow he was already right in front of me. I was in the center of the pool and it was a pretty big pool so how did he get to me so quickly? "When you left us we figured that you only needed time and that you would come back but you never did. Why- why did you leave? Did I scare you that day in the Park? What can we do to help you get used to us?"

He took my hands in his a griped them tightly while he begged me to just talk to him. One of the worlds mightiest hero's is begging me to have a conversation with him.

"I did need some time." I said looking down at our hands when he began to rub his thumb on the base of my own. "Everything started happening. Meeting you guys, moving away for college, Emma and Blake leaving, my new powers. It all just happened all at once and I wanted to take a step back so that I could breath."

"But did you have to ignore all our messages? You could have sent at least one message so that we knew you were okay."

"I'm sorry." I said still keeping my voice low, "I'm not used to people other then Emma and Blake caring."

"It's okay just remember that next time."

"Okay"

"So what was that water tornado that I saw? Did you do that?"

"Uh yeah it takes a lot of concentration so when you came in it all fell back down."

"What else can you do?"

"I can breathe under water. I've even spent a whole hour doing it once."

"Wow, that's amazing- you're amazing." Mr. America tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, "will you come back with me for lunch? The others would love to see you."