Chapter 4

(Previously on chapter 3:When she got to the hill,she sat at her favorite spot and began to cry, she didn't realized she needed to let out so much, she lay down in her bag and cried until a hand touched her shoulder and with the anger in her, she yelled" Can you let me be,you already ruined my-" she caught short when she saw the person who held her shoulder was Jackson.)

        Okayyyy", Jackson said slowly with his hands up like he surrendered.
     I'm sorry, didn't realize it was you",Victoria said with her tear stained face.
     Clearly",he said sarcastically.
   She rolled her red,puffy, eyes at him.
    Okay, you don't look like you, what's wrong",he said looking concerned.
       I don't want to talk about it",she said  with tears wailing out her eyes.
    May I sit please?", he asked.
     Yeah,sure",she said sadly.
      Okay, come on what's wrong",he said persistenly.
    It's,it's",was all she said.
     It's"what,he asked.
        I left the house that's why I have all my stuff here",she said crying as she remembered the thought of why Madame Linh really wanted her.
     Why did you leave the house with" all your things",  he said as he emphasized the last sentences.
    There's a story behind it",she said as she tried to smile but couldn't.
      Okay,I wanna here the story",he said,not noticing the joke.
      Okay, so Madame Linh called me while I was trying to balance,to come do her laundry so-",she said but was cut off.
   Wait! She makes you do her laundry?",he asked as his eyebrow arched up.
    She nodded.
   Wow! And I thought my step-mother was mean",he said.
     So,when I finished her laundry, I went to tell her I was done, but she was not in her room,so I searched the whole house, but I didn't find her, then it struck me that I should check my room ,but I didn't think Madame Linh would be in my room for any reason, so I went to my and found her rummaging through my stuff,like she was looking for something In particular,then I asked her what she was doing and she lied at first, then I got angry and yelled and asked her what she was doing in my room and" the thought of what happened made Victoria cry while she was talking.
   And?", he asked slowly.
     And she came clean and told me she was looking for something my parents must have left me and that it was the only reason she accepted me to live with her so she could get my parents wealth,then I packed my things,left her a note and came here crying.
    Okay,so where are you planning to go, you can't stay here forever", he asked concerningly.
    I'm was planning to go back to my parents old house and stay there", she told him.
      Okay,that's a good way to start but I have a question",he said nervously.
  What is it,are you okay?", she asked.
        Yes,I'm okay",he said smiling,"but can I come with you?he asked.
       Wait,what",she exclaimed.
   I mean it,I'm not joking",he said.
But,why would you want to leave your family?",she asked.
   I'm tired of everything that's happening right now",he said looking sad.
   What happened?",she asked concernly.
    My dad never listens to me,I never get a chance to do what I did with my dad anymore and now my step-mum is here,everything's",he paused and sighed,changed",he said sadly.
  I'm so s-sorry",she said sadly,"I didn't realize you had so much in your hands and I decided to come in with my problems,I'm so so so sorry.
    Its not your fault",he said as he smiled sadly.
       But,still I'm sorry",she said.
    Okay,so back to the question,can I come with you",he asked anxiously.
     Fine,sure,yeah,but I just don't want to take you away from your Dad",she said trying to convince him.
    It's okay and plus I know you can't survive without me for a minute",he teased.
    She flushed at his choice of words.
Wow,is it that fun to mess with you",he said as he giggled.
    Okay,just go get your stuffs and let's go",she said.
     Okay,I'll go get my stuff,my house it's not that far,so I'll be back soon",he said as he walked away.
    After he left,she sat there and stared away and thought to herself," This is it,this is where I begin a new life with a friend but I'm glad his coming,at least I don't have to be alone in the house all by myself doing nothing,but I need to start planning on how this would work out," Her thoughts trailed off when she noticed Jacksons hand waving In front of her face.
  Hello!Earth to Tori",he said sarcastically.
    Sorry,I was thinking",she said apologetically.
    It's okay you'll be fine,okay,just don't try to overthink",he said.
    Okay,you ready,because we have a long journey ahead of us",she said excitedly and sadly.
     Yeah,I got all my stuff and some money I used to save",he said.
    Oh really, I have some money too and some snacks and water", she said.
    Let's go",he said,feeling giddy to leave .
    They walked for an hour and took breaks at some point,then when there were out of breathe,Victoria said", m-maybe we-we should take a-a break.
   Yeah,good idea",Jackson said,do you have any water please I'm thirsty",he asked in between deep breaths.
     Yep",she said.
  When they were done taking a break, they started walking again,then they were at there destination.
  Just as I remembered",she said.
     Wow!this place is huge,are you sure we should stay here",he said as his eyes widen at the sight.
  Why?,do you have somewhere else in mind",she asked with her eyebrows arched up.
    Not that I know of",he said sarcastically.
    They walk to the door,open it and starting coughing because of the amount of dust in the house.
  Do you also remember it this dusty",he said as he choked.
    She glared at him.
Hey,I'm just saying",he said looking honest.
    Okay,so I'll show you your room and you can get your things set and I'll go to my room set my things and we can at least dust this place,for starters",she said.
     Okay",he said as he groaned.
   Hey,I'm not the one who told you to come with me",she said.
   Well,I volunteered willingly,so it's no big deal", he said with a smirk.
    They went upstairs and she showed him his room and left him to settle down,then she went to her room,the one she always had as a little girl,when she settled down,she went downstairs and found Jackson waiting for her.
   Okay,so,we would start by dusting this place,so I suggest you put on a nose masks",she said,as she went to grab the things used to dust.
   Okay,here is this",she said,as she gave him a cleaning tool.
   When they were done dusting,they both decided that they should take a break,after the long journey and the dusting,so Victoria decided to make dinner with what they could find.
   Okay,so I found some stuff we may still be able to eat",she said,with a horrified expression on her face.
   But that's all we have so, we have to manage",he said,sounding like he was trying to convince himself.
   Okay, dinner will be ready in a few minutes", she said as she prepared the food.
    When she was done preparing dinner,they ate and did some more cleaning,after cleaning they decided to rest or do something fun,they weren't quite sure,yet.
   Maybe we could watch T.V",she said looking confused.
      Wait! There's T.V,why didn't you say so",he said looking excited and ran to the Living room.
   He sat on the couch and turned on the  Television. 
   Have fun, I'll go do the dishes",she said,about to turn around when he grabbed her and said",nu'uh,you are not going to do the dishes now,take a break ,you just finished cleaning,you should rest",he said sweetly.
  Well, I guess I'm just used to doing things the way I do at Madame Linh's",she said but there was a sad expression to it. He muse have noticed cause he moved closer to her and wrapped her in a hug.
  We're gone from there now,so quit worrying yourself and stop thinking about it",he said sweetly.
   But,if you want to do the dishes before you watch TV,suit yourself" he added.
   Okay,I'll be back very soon",she said,as she stood up and went to do do the dishes.
    When she got to the kitchen,she tried to figure out what to do because its been a long time since she used the dish washer,but she figured it out,when she was done washing the plates,she joined Jackson in the living room.
   It's a little dark in here,maybe we should turn on the lights a little",she said,walking to the lights to turn them on.
    Oh, Is Tori scared of the dark",he teased.
    She flushed. " No,I just thought maybe we could have the lights switched on", she said,turning the lights on.
   Oh no",he said,"please turn the lights back off".
   No,deal with it",she said throwing a pillow at him.
   Oh,its on",he said and threw a pillow back at her.
   They pillow fought each other until they both sat on the couch and laughed at the way they acted like three-year- olds. 
    That was fun",he said looking at her.
   Yeah",she said trying to stop laughing" I haven't had that much fun or laughed like that in ten years.
   Wow",he said.
  What?",she said,looking confused at why he was staring at her.
     I was just thinking of that flower and how intricate it is",he said,as he pointed the flower behind her.
   When she turned around,he knew he got her,so he tickled her and she burst into a fit of giggling.
   Stop,stop",she said while giggling.
Okay",he said,as he helped her regain her balance.
    Then they sat there after a while and watched some T.V, while they were watching T.V, Victoria drifted to sleep and her head landed on Jackson's shoulder,he turned his head to see her sleeping,so he turn off the Television and the lights in the living room and carried her upstairs to her bedroom to sleep.
     Goodnight Tori",he said.
   Goodnight",she mumbled.
He smiled left her room and went to his room and changed into his pajamas and went to sleep.
   In the morning, Jackson got up, went downstairs to prepare breakfast before Victoria got up, while he was making breakfast,Victoria came downstairs yawning but stopped midway when she noticed Jackson preparing breakfast.
   Are cooking.... breakfast",she asked surprisingly.
    Good morning to you too",he said.
   Sorry, Good morning",she said looking embarrassed.
     Yeah,why? You think I can cook,huh?",he asked.
   No,its not that,its just I don't expect you to be cooking, but,wow!, it smells good",she said looking excitedly.
   Please,come on, help me with get this to the table",he said.
   Okay",she said.
   She went to help him get the food set on the table,then she took a seat at the table and prayed before she ate.
   This is-",she said.
Delicious",he completed the sentence for her.
       Yeah,its really good",she said looking surprised.
    See,you're not the only one who knows how to cook",he teased.
    I have to admit,this is impressive, I'll give it seven out of 10",she said smiling.
      Hey,that hurts",he said clutching his heart.
  What?",she asked.
      You just said its impressive,now you give it a seven out ten",he said fake pouting.
   A seven is not that bad,but it's a pretty decent meal",she said shrugged.
   First,you say my food deserves a seven,now you say its DECENT,wow just wow",he said.
    Why are you been mad about it,I understand you made breakfast and all but like it's not that big of a deal",she said.
   She was about to leave when he grabbed her hand,she tried to jerk free from his hand but she couldn't.
   Let me go",she said looking mad.
  No",he said grinning at her.
    Please,let me go",she said  trying wriggle her hand out but she couldn't.
   He held her firmly but not tightly.
Okay,fine I give up",she said.
   You know you can't wriggle out of my hand",he said as he smirked.
     What do you want?",she practically yelled.
    He leaned close to her and said", I am sorry,I was only teasing you, I never knew you'd take it the wrong way.
    Okay,but now can I go",she said trying to hide her smile.
    Well,that's one way to accept someone's apology",he said looking a bit sad.
    Hey",she said looking at him in the eye", I was also teasing,I do accept your apology.
    Really!",he exclaimed excitedly.
  Yes",she said.
Okay,there is something behind you,its small but looks black,its a spider",he said as she leaped behind him.
   He laughed and she noticed there was no spider behind her,so she punched him lightly on his arm.
   Hey,what was that for",he asked.
Just for what you did,you'll regret what's coming your way",he added viciously.
  Before she knew it,she was laughing so hard,cause he tickled her.
   Say I'm sorry sir or I won't stop",he said smiling.
   No-no w-way",she said while laughing.
      Say it or I won't stop",he said.
   Okay,okay, I'm sorry',she hesitated, looked at him and said",Sir.
   Okay,then apology accepted",he said smiling at her.
    Look,you can stay here and watch T.V, I need to go and get the dishes done so I can wash my bathroom its dirty",she said.
   He blocked her way when she tried to walk away. 
  What do you want this time",she said as she slouched.
   You are going to the bathroom while I do the dishes,deal?",he asked.
   But-",she tried to say.
   No-no,I didn't come with you just so you can do the whole work and I do nothing except watch T.V, no,you'll do the bathroom while I do the dishes."Is that fair?",he asked.
   Fine,yes,you can do the dishes,but do it well",she said.
  Are you doubting my skills",he said with a smirk.
  No,just do the dishes",she said smiling.
She went upstairs to wash her bathroom and clean her bedroom.
  Her bedroom was the size of a princesses bedroom,the bed was small but looked like something a princess would sleep on,it was decorated with the color midnight blue and was beautiful,it had star-like thingys dropping down from the ceiling that glowed in the dark, which made the the  room look even prettier. After she was done washing her bathroom and cleaning her room, she decided to put some of her clothes in the closet and her shoes in the rack.
  When she was done,she decided to a shower before going downstairs,when she was done,she went downstairs and found Jackson watching  T.V, she tiptoed so he wouldn't see her coming and when she saw he didn't notice her coming behind him she tickled him as her payback for what he did.
   Hey,stop",he said while laughing.
   It's payback time",she said.
She didn't realize when he grabbed her hand and the next thing you know she was the one laughing.
Okay,fine,I'm sorry,I'm really really sorry",she pleaded.
     He let her get up and helped regain her balance.
    So,are you done with the bathroom",he asked.
   Yeah,I just finished washing it",she said.
    Are you going to wash yours",she asked.
   I'll think about it",he said pretending to think.
Then he said",yes,I will.
   Okay, then you better get started and make sure you take a shower when you're done",she said.
Do I stink that bad",he said sniffing himself.
   No,well maybe a little,but I'm just saying",she said.
   She stayed downstairs and watched TV, then it was afternoon and she was starving,she decided to get snacks for her and Jackson, when he finished washing his bathroom.
   Finally,he came downstairs.
  Finally, you're downstairs, how many hours does it take to wash a bathroom",she asked.
    First of all,a guy's gotta look his best and second of all,did you miss me that
much,huh?",he said with a smirk.
    She blushed.
Well,I wouldn't say I missed you that bad, but I was just thinking about you",she said but then realized she said the words wrong.
       It hurts that you don't miss me but it kinda helps that you actually think about me", he said as he sighed dreamily.
      Don't be silly",she said as she punched him lightly",now come help me get this snacks to the table In the living room.
  Yes Ma'ma" he said sarcastically.
       They were watching a movie together when Victoria remembered her birthday was in a week,she jumped up and down around the living room excitedly,then Jackson asked",what is it?.
    I just realized my birthday is in a week from today",she shouted excitedly.
   Wow!, really",he asked surprisingly.
Yeah",she exclaimed with excitement.
      Well, that's a surprise because you never told me",he said.
    Okay,but now you know,so",she said slowly.
    Well,I don't think I would want to celebrate it",she said sadly.
    Why",he questioned.
      Because, well,its going to be the first time I don't celebrate my birthday far away from Madame Linh",she said almost crying.
    Hey,its okay,you're spending it with me not alone",he said softly.
      Yeah you're right,I'm sorry I don't know why I even thought of it",she said sadly.
   It's okay, I understand what you mean",he said.
    Okay, enough about me, when is your birthday",she said.
    Well,its the next month",he said.
    Okay,do you know what you're getting me for my birthday",she said excitedly.
     Yeah,but I'm not telling you",he smirked.
    Uh,I hate surprises",she groaned.
You'll get used to it ",he tried to encourage.
   Well,I need to go",she said.
   Where are you going,we were watching a movie before you started hoping around like a cute bunny",she emphasized.
    She blushed at his choice of words,she said",I actually have no clue where I'm going,too much talking got me distracted,but I need to go use the bathroom real quick,I'll be back.
  Okay,but be quick,this your favorite part, you don't want to miss it",he said grinning.
   She went to the bathroom,then came back,they sat down and watched the movie,while watching, Victoria fell asleep in Jackson's arms.
    Hey look its you-',he cut shut when he saw Victoria sleeping.
     He decided to let her sleep,so he switched off the TV and turned off the lights except the one beside him on the table,then he cuddled next to her and slept,she snuggled close to him.
     Good morning",Victoria said to Johnson once he entered the kitchen.
   Goodmorning",he said yawning.
         You sound tired",she said.
   That's because I am',he said.
   Okay,Mr-woke-up-on-the-wrong-side-of-the-bed-this-morning",she said sarcastically.
   Can you help me put the foods on the table",she added.
    Fine,but I didn't wake up on the wrong side of the this morning",he whined.
    Okay,if you say so",she shrugged.
     Oh,and we need to go to the market for some food stuffs and decorations for  the house, I want to change the decorations of the house right now",she rumbled.
   Oooookay, I don't understand anything that has to decorations,so",he said slowly.
   I'll teach and we'll do it together,right let's focus on finishing on our breakfast",she said.
    They finished and Victoria did the dishes while Jackson went to take a shower,when Victoria was done with the dishes she went to take a shower.
    She changed Into a tie dye T-shirt,and   a pair of jeans and sneakers and she wore her hair down,straightened. She went downstairs afterwards and sat on the couch,turned on the tv and waited for Jackson to come down so they could go to the market.
   HOW MANY HOURS DOES IT TAKE TO  TAKE A SHOWER, GET DRESSED AND COME DOWNSTAIRS", she yelled.
    Okay,okay, calm down,like I said,a guys gotta look his best",he smirked.
     She knew she flushed a bit but hoped he didn't see it.
     Can we go now",she asked but there was sadness in her voice m,she noticed and hoped he didn't but apparently he did.
   Hey,what's wrong",he asked concernly.
     Nothing,I'm okay",she said trying to put on a fake smile but her voice hitched.
     You are not fine,I can tell something's wrong,what is it,you can't keep on hiding your feelings, now tell me what's wrong?",he asked.
    The thing is,she paused, I-I haven't being out of this house since we ran away, that's it no need to yell at me",she said almost at the verge of crying.
   I'm sorry,I just hurts to see you sad",he said with worry in his eyes, and gave her a hug,he pulled away and said",Well, I'm here for you,if you need a shoulder to lay on or lean on or cry on or cuddle on-",she giggled when he said cuddle, or a person to hug,I'm always here.
   Wow!, thank you,I'm so blessed to have you as a friend",she said trying to smile.
    He smiled at her.
   Okay,time to go so we can come back early and start decorating the house",she said.
   They left the house and Jackson noticed how nervous Victoria was,so he told her hand and he held it till they reached town, she tried to jerk her hand free from his but he held still.
    Hey, look they have the things for your favorite food",she said excitedly.
    Yeah,let's go check it out",he said dragging her along with him.
    They checked out the whole grocery store for what they needed and then they got what they needed,then they went to the home decorative store so they could get things to redecorate the house like paints for the walls, some brushes and some pictures.
   Hey,go on,I'll catch up with you I need to check something out",he said trying not to look nervous.
   Okayyy",she said and walked out.
       He went to the cashier and asked",Hi!,Is there any vacant position that's available.
   Wait a minute, let me check with the manager", The cashier said.
   He waited for ten minutes,then the cashier said",The manager wants to talk to you. Do you mind?.
   No,I don't",he said.
    Okay then follow me",The cashier said.
   Hello",The manager said while holding out her hand to him.
   Hi!",he said shaking her hand firmly.
  The cashier left the room and the manager asked him a few questions about himself and his family, he said the truth and asked why he needs the job.
   I need this job for a lot of things but there is one that stands out, the girl Victoria I told you about,my bestfriend, her birthday is next week and I wanted to surprise her with an audition at the school of dance, because she's always wanted to go there, so that's why I need the job.
   Wow!,through what I've heard I could hire you and your friend right now, if you are willing to take the offer,I know its sudden but if you want to come back tomorrow you can and I'm sorry about your family, I pray you guys find it possible to fulfill your dreams.
  Thank you, thank you so much, God bless you",he stood up and shook her hand again,then he left.
   When he got out of the office, the cashier asked if he got the job and by his enthusiasm she could tell he did, he went to find Victoria and found out she already payed, so they decided to head home, but while going home, Victoria could not explain why Jackson was so excited, then she asked", Why are you so excited?.
  You'll know when we get home",he said grinning at her.
    She shrugged her shoulders and kept on walking but she also could not resist the little bit of excitement in her,when they got home, Victoria put the grocery stuff up and Jackson put the stuff for the house decoration in the storage room.
   Okay,you ready to tell me why you were so excited, out there?",she asked.
   Well",he said, I think we are going to start working.
   What do you mean start working we don't even have a job",she said turning around to face.
   Well, maybe we got one",he said smirking.
   Wait,what",she yelled, so you're saying we have a job",she asked.
  Yep",he said.
     Wait, how?",she asked.
  Why don't you sit down so I can tell you the story,oh and grab some chips also", he yelled from across the living room.
   She got the chips they sat down and he told her about everything he and The manager talked about, except for the surprise he had in stock for her.
   Well,that's so sweet of you",she said as she hugged, I didn't really want to bother you but you chose to so yeah.
   Okay,now we're done, can start painting",he asked.
  You don't just start painting you have to move the furnitures or put some type of cover around them I don't know, but we can do this",she explained.
  So, should start moving the furnitures?",he asked.
   Right now,I'm tired from all the shopping and I really need a shower and I need to rest.
  Finally, you know you need to rest",he said.
  Hey, don't judge, I just like doing stuff I don't realize I need to rest",she said.
    She went to bathroom,came back and found him on the couch,with some snacks watching tv.
   Are you ever gonna stop eating",she asked laughing slightly.
   Maybe",he smirked.
  She took the remote control for the tv and turned off the tv.
   Hey, what was that for, why did you turn off the tv I watching",he whined.
    I just wanted to talk or do something,instead of watching tv,we hardly tall anymore,its always the tv",she sympathetically.
     Yeah,you're right",he said and sat up.
   Yeah I'm always right",she said.
    Okay, what do you want to talk about",he asked.
   I don't know to be honest",she answered.
  How do you not know,you're the one who wanted to talk",he said confused.
    Okay,let's talk about our new job",she said.
  okay, so what about our new job",he asked.
    I don't know, but I'm excited and-", she trailed off with a startled look on her face.
      What's wrong",he asked concerned.
   I don't know what wear on our first day of work",she said.
     Okay, you don't have to worry about that",he said.
   WHAT SO YOU MEAN,'I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY",she practically yelled.
    Okay, okay",he said putting his hands up like he surrendered.
    I'm sorry,I'm over exaggerating, but what should I wear",she asked.
     Like I said don't worry, we got a shirt all we have to wear is a jean",he said
  Oh, was the only that made it out her mouth.
   Yeah,so please don't bust my eardrums",he said sarcastically.
    I said I was sorry",she said standing up to go upstairs frustrated.
    Hey, Tori,Vicky,come on I was kidding",he said smiling and chasing after her.
  He finally caught up to her, and grabbed her hand, she refused to turn and look at him,so he turned her around so she could look at me,and said",look I was joking.
    She still refused to look at him,so he lifted her face so there eyes were meeting and said",Are mad at me?.
  No",she finally said.
    Then, what's wrong",he asked.
       I'm just- I'm just not used to having a friend or a friend who teases me",she said almost at the verge of tears.
      Hey, if you want me to stop teasing you I will, but it will be hard",he said earning him a smile from her.
    No, I don't want you to,its just I've never had friends so this is my first experience,I'm sorry if I hurt you",she said with tears running down her check.
     It's okay,you didnt hurt me",he said pulling her in for a hug.
  She sunk into the hug like that was all she had left.
   I'm sorry",she whispered.
       You shouldn't be, you've been through alot and you're one of the bravest person I've ever met, if it was me I wouldn't handle it, so stop saying sorry,okay"he whispered back.
    Okay",she said.
He pulled away from the hug and looked into her eyes and said",Don't forget that people still will love you if they knew you",he said,but she didn't know he was talking about him loving her.
   Come on let's go sleep, it's been a long day",he said.
  Okay",she said.
     They went upstairs, and he led her to  her room, he turned to leave when she called to him and said",I know this sounds strange but can you-, nevermind you can go.
   What is it, say it,come on",he retorted back.
  Fine, can you stay with me tonight, i might not sleep well",she said.
He smiled and nodded yes,he left to change into his pajamas, but she wondered where he was going to.
    He came back and said okay you wanna stay here or we can camp in the living room.
  Let's camp in the living room",she said.
   They went downstairs and set up some stuff to sleep on, when they were done, they went to sleep.
     Goodnight Tori",he whispered to her but found she was already asleep.
   He wrapped his hands around her waist and drew her closer to him and they cuddled like that the rest of the night.