Shits and Giggles

Start from the beginning

He stifled a cough. "Thanks for the tip. I'm still coming to New York though. Might see you around?"

"If you're lucky. Goodbye." I hung up and dropped the phone back on the table. Resuming my mental Fortress of Solitude, I plonked back into the chair. But I'd lost my train of thought. At least I didn't have to worry about Daken clashing with the guys now. He would kill Stark in the first five minutes of his arrival.

Suddenly, Steve was in front of me holding a plate of steak and vegetables.

"Here." He handed it to me, with cutlery.

"Thanks, Steve. I haven't eaten since breakfast." I smiled and started eating.

"No problem." He said and grinned warmly back. I haven't really spoken to him much at all. He's such a quiet guy, you sometimes forget he's there. Except when he's in that spandex suit of his. Then he's full-leader mode, shouting orders and looking out for everyone.

Clint was whispering something to Thor, who then nodded enthusiastically. He got up, grabbed his laptop and proceeded to hook it up to the TV.

"Clint, what the hell are you doing? If my TV gets broken as well as my stereo, I will kill you." Stark stated, looking curiously over from the table.

"Clint has decided he is going to teach me how to play a game on one of your midgardian devices." Thor called, sounding excited. I looked at him. He was grinning like a small child about to go on their first roller coaster.

"What game?" Stark asked, standing behind Clint and peering over his shoulder. Clint finished plugging everything in, started up the laptop and turned to him. The desktop came up on the TV screen.

"Slender."

Everybody stopped. Oh no he fucking didn't.

"I don't think that's an appropriate 'my first video game'." I declared. Come on, it's bad enough on a small screen. On a 55 inch TV, he will kill us all.

"Yeah. Start with Pong." Stark agreed.

"What's Slender?" Asked Steve.

"You don't want to know..." I answered. I shivered. The game gives me the creeps.

"I have stuff to do in my lab." Bruce announced. "I'll come back when the screaming starts." He walked off to the elevator.

"You coward!" Clint yelled after him.

"He is more sadistic than I am." Loki muttered and sat in the arm chair next to mine. He nodded at me then turned his attention back to Thor, who was looking a little less giddy after Bruce's mention of the screams.

"Clint, this is not one of those games of horror is it?" He asked.

"Thor, it's not scary. All you have to do is find 8 pieces of paper. That's it." The game started up. "Here."

He showed Thor all the controls and off he went. Thor found the first page easily. Clint turned off the lights.

"Are you high?" I yelled at him.

"More of an atmosphere. It's better in the dark." He smirked, knowing this game freaks me out. Revenge for a few days ago, I guess. I grumbled. Fuck this.

Thor found the second and third pages. He laughed. "Where is the challenge of this game?" He moved the camera around. Boom, there's Slender Man. He yelled in surprise and I jumped a foot in the air. Steve yelped and Tony threw a cushion at Clint. Loki stiffened and Clint just laughed.

"By Odin, what was that creature!?" Thor roared. He hadn't been killed, which was lucky. Bloody hell, this game pisses me off.

"I don't know. I've never seen him before." Clint whispered, full of sarcasm.