Chapter 10: Ursula "up close"

Thalia

Saturday came and James was taking me to Ursula to find Caleb. I had just showered and was drying my hair when he came in.

"Put these on" he said handing me a tuxedo

"Thanks" I said. I have never worn a suit before. I awkwardly put in the tuxedo put had trouble tying the bow.

"Can you tie this for me?" I asked when I found him down stairs.

He came to me and started tying the bow.

"My mom always tied my dad's" I said looking up at him. His eyes were so brown and kind. He found me staring at him and decided to stare back. We stood there looking into each others eyes. I couldn't look away. Then James brought his hand to my face. His thumb brushed over my bottom lip.

"Beautiful" he murmured "So beautiful"

"James man we got to leave now" Kevin's voice blasted through the silence and I let go a breath I had no idea I was holding.

"Um...(clears throat) we have to go now" Kevin said to me.

"Yeah...."

"Here" he handed a short boyish wig. I put it on and we left.

------------------------------

That big shiny globe looked so much bigger up close! It was like a red carpet event. Everyone was looking fancy in their tuxedos. I thought I was a bachelor's party with all the males. All talking gaily.

"This way" James directed me. Kevin went off in the other direction and said he would gives us a call if he spotted Caleb. We came inside to this big open room.

"This is the lobby" James said "this is where they keep all the functions, you wont find any high tech stuff in here."

We wondered around for sometime.

"Do you see him?" I whispered to James

"No-"

"James my boy, started to think you wouldn't make it" I heard a voice say behind us. We turned around

"Father" janes said standing a little straighter.

"Glad you could make it" then he turned his attention to me. "And who's this?" He asked

"This is um....this is Ric...."

"Ricardo" I ended for him. I cleared my throat. "Ricardo Summers" I added in a more manly voice.

"Please to meet you Mr. Summers" he said and I took his hand.

"Rather delicate man you are, any hopes of becoming a scientist?" He asked

"Well I-"

"Mr. Mayor Sir you are due for you speech in a minute "A man came up to him added lowly.

"Of course, ah James do stick around there are some people I want to introduce you to" he said. James nodded and with that he was gone

"Your father is the mayor?" I asked James

"Yes...Unfortunately" he answered.

"Guys I couldn't find him" said Kevin coming up to us. "I looked everywhere"

My face dropped. 'If I didn't find Caleb tonight I might never get to see him' I thought.

"Maybe he didn't come tonight" James said.

"Yeah maybe" added Kevin.

"Or maybe he did!" I said suddenly pointing to the far right of us. There stood the man that fitted Caleb's description stood. He was talking with some other men.

"Ok" James said after a minute. "We need to get him alone"

"On it!" Said Kevin and he started to walk over Caleb.

"Excuse me sir" Kevin said taking Caleb's arm "but your expertise are needed over here" he said directing Caleb towards us. We had gone out to the balcony where there was no one around.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I heard Caleb ask obviously irritated by Kevin's gestures.

"Right this way" Kevin brought him over to the balcony.

"What the hell is this!"

"Mr. Smith" James said "I assure you we mean no harm, but there is someone you need to meet"

"Who?" Caleb ask. I stepped forward

"Hello Caleb" I said removing my wig

"Oh My God!"

---------------------------------
Dont forget to vote and comment!!!!!!!"