Chapter 8. Souls combined pt.1

Insecurities are welling up inside yuan's head. He's not sure what to do next for the first time he came inside the novel.. he knows what will happen next but he doesn't know where he fits in.

The sky was dark and rays of the moon were shining on a figure sitting silently on a seat in the garden. The person looked almost unreal and too beautiful to exist in the world. Binghe walked towards the person and held his hand.
"Why are you still here?"

Yuan broke from his thoughts and looked up at him "ah I lost track of time" he stood up instantly.

Binghe looked at his face to see any traces of emotions but found nothing "let's go back we're already late for dinner"

"Says the person who used to miss  almost every meal before I came here" yuan raised his eyebrow at binghe

"But I have all my meals now.. since there's someone to eat with me"

"Don't you have a whole harem? And countless loyal people who would follow you anywhere.. why not eat with them?"

Binghe snorted at the question "my subordinates and others are too afraid of me while those women are just here to gain power through me.. besides I don't feel attracted to any of them"

Yuan asked after a pause looking down "why have them here then? Aren't they just wasting there lives for nothing.."

Binghe smiled as they walked into the room and sat beside a table filled with food dishes "I plan on sending them away when I'm completely in control of my position in the human realm" he smirked at yuan who also sat besides him "they're more like well treated prisoners so that those stingy old people won't have a chance to go against me"

Yuan sighed "that's cruel.. well what can you expect from the dark lord but it's funny to see the most perverted person I've read about is actually not interested in his harem.. probably my fault again"
"Alright I get it" yuan nodded and grabbed his chopsticks to start eating dinner.

"""

Shen yuan just finished his tea after dinner when he saw binghe getting ready for bed. He sighed inwardly and went close to binghe who was now sitting on bed Staring at him like he's looking at his prey.  Yuan quietly sat beside him patted his shoulder "not today" and then pressed at a point on his shoulder and binghe instantly fainted on the bed..

Yuan covered him with a quilt and took off his outer robes then laid besides the unconscious bingge "this is the only way i can keep you from doing 'that' to me" After living with this person for so many years of course he knows his weaknesses.
"You are so similar yet somewhat different" yuan whispered while stroking binghe's hair and cheek with his fingertips.. he continued "I know you're (you two are) the same person but I still feel insecure.. what if I make a huge mistake accepting you.. what if his soul is still out there" yuan sighed while staring at the person he's loved for an entire lifetime

Just when he was about to retract his hand was grabbed by binghe and he smiled at the shocked face of Shen yuan.. "it only worked on me the first time... After that I decided to play along which was quite fruitful actually.. Now I know your thoughts"