Chapter 5. No escape

Shen yuan was walking around the market buying some fruits for himself with his cultivation he had no need to eat but still loved to eat snacks whenever he locked himself up in his room. It has been more than 10 days since he left his home. He had wandered around in several cities. He knows binghe is looking for him so he can only come out wearing a cloak or a mask. He knows it won't be long till he'd be found but he has too much in his mind to give in yet.

He walked into the inn and booked a room. The receptionist stared at him for a sec before he gave him the room key. 'Your room is on the third floor'
Shen yuan nodded and took the keys and was about to walk away

' sir are you here for the ghost festival?'

'uh? No I'm just here for a visit'

'Oh I see.. seeing you in a cloak I thought you were here for the ghost festival'

'a ghost festival? What's that?' Shen yuan became excited for a second.. he has never attended or seen a festival ever since he came here

'oh so you don't know.. it's a huge festival where people dress up as ghosts, demons and other scary creatures and celebrate by eating many kinds of sweets sold by the stalls'
'Some even say real ghosts and demons slip in to enjoy the festival as well which makes the locals even more thrilled to attend the event'

I see so it's like Halloween but in ancient times 'so when does this festival start?'

'Oh you're lucky since it's starts today.. there won't be any spare room left in a few hours from now'
Shen yuan nods and makes way to his room 'i might as well attend the festival it's probably fun'

***

A man wearing all black hooded cloak which covers half of his face walks around among many weird creatures.

Some covered in blood.. some wearing all white with pale faces and black lips.. some children wearing horns running around between hundreds of decorated stalls and shops selling sweets and other items.. it is somewhat creepy if you ignore all the crowd & noise of people laughing and chattering.

Shen yuan walks around different stalls and tastes a few sweets but he is unable to enjoy since his mind is too distracted. Looking around anxiously every few minutes as if afraid of being seen by someone or maybe expecting to see someone.. he won't admit it cause he's scared.. scared to losing his freedom.. scared of losing his mind and giving in.. scared of being part of his 'many' interests.. but even though he's scared he still wants to see him and knows it deep inside.. maybe he's being stupid for running away.. maybe he's just being selfish for not wanting to share him.. or he's just a coward for not fighting for what he wants..

His mind is completely tangled up as he is walking mindlessly and bumps into a person 'uhh' he rubs his head still looking down 'i'm sorry I wasn't paying attention' he slightly bows his head and hurriedly walks away before the latter could say anything.

He reached the Inn and asks the manager to bring some alcohol to his room. He doesn't drink and has very little tolerance for it but he needs it to relax his mind..

As soon as the wine arrived he chugged in a few glasses and it took only a few minutes for him to get drunk.. he walked around in circles around the table with a red face and dazed eyes.. then he stared at the wine for 2 minutes without even blinking then jolted as if he came back to life.. he looked around sluggishly still in a drunk state then grabbed his sword and walked out.

It was very late at night when the streets were almost empty and very few stalls were still on the road he walked aimlessly without a cloak this time.