Do As They Do : Intro

Rome.

Sights. Food. Wine.
And those crazy Italians.

Standing in front of the Trevi Fountain, looking around me, I watch tourists take selfies either to send to a loved one or to boast on Instagram.

I on the other hand just want to listen and take in the beautiful sculptures carved out of marble by Nicola Salvi. Wondering how someone had that much time on their hands. If he had family, with little bambini running around, and a wife.

I on the other hand had no family. I could say I had wonderful parents that loved me unconditionally. But I only had my mother. Who sadly had died a few months ago, and did love me unconditionally.

In her will she had me inherit money, that no one knew about, with a letter telling me to use this money on something she was not able to achieve herself.

Which is why I am here. In Italy. By myself.

She had said in her letter that her dream(other than having me) was to explore Europe wholeheartedly. Discover all of its nooks and crannies. Find an amazing restaurant for spaghetti that only the locals knew about. Sit on the Spanish Step, eating gelato like Audrey Hepburn did in Roman holiday. And must importantly, do as the romans do.

And that, my friends, is what I intend to do.