~CHAPTER NINE~

Mando sighed deeply as he went to the bathroom. He turned on the shower and hesitated before taking off his helmet. He stared at his long, brown hair and his brown eyes in the mirror. He felt ashamed. He hurt me. He lied to me. How was he a good friend? He sighed heavily once more before going into the shower and tried not to think too much about what he did. I saw the steam from under the door and I walked past the room. I went to the cockpit and sat in Mando's chair. The chair looked like it was used a lot, especially with the parts of metal that were scratched from who knows what. I leaned back and closed my eyes. I felt a pulsing sensation coming from my collarbone, remembering the day I met the mandalorian. I touched it and winced, then jumped when I felt something wet drip onto my hair. I saw Mando, his helmet was soaking wet. I wondered if he showers with the thing... that's kind of gross.
"Why are you in my chair?" I relaxed more, smirking.
"What? Not like you were using it," I mentioned. He whipped his head, water flinging towards me. I laughed, but refused to stand up. Mando then remembered what he had done to me. He stopped playing around and stood still. Frozen.
"What's...wrong?" I was scared to ask.
"N-nothing. Please, get off, I...I need to think." He seemed really uncomfortable and upset. Not wanting to make him angry, I got up and left to explore the ship. Mando slumped down and rested his head on his hands, looking down. He hasn't felt this way in a long time. 'Just ignore the feeling, everything will be okay,' he thought. He gasped as he felt tears stream down his cheeks. He was surprised that he could even feel this way after many years. He was glad he was wearing his helmet. He sobbed and he hoped I didn't hear him. That's the last thing he wanted. As he cried softly, he started counting his mistakes that he had made.
"1, I have a name. 2, I slapped you. 3, I bruised your wrists. 4, I tried to harm you even more. 5,..." he sobbed, "I fell for you, dang it!" He rested his head on the control panel, crying. He kept thinking of his getting into a relationship, and even having a crush, could get in his way of his work. He couldn't take breaks from his job.
"M-...Mando? Are you- crying?!  I never knew you could cry." I said after a while. Mando cleared his throat.
"No, I.. I don't get sad." I frowned. I picked up the kid and handed him to Mando.
"He makes me feel better... so here." I said softly. Mando felt himself smile.
"I don't need him right now... but thank you." I glared and shoved the Child to him, forcing Mando to hug the kid.
"HAVE HIM." I yelled. Mando jumped and sighed as he started to hug the kid. He felt his face get warmer by the second.
"Thank you, Y/n..." he called me by my name. Not 'Star-Wish'.
"Is there something you need to tell me?" I asked him. He didn't answer for a long while. Like he was thinking of telling me now or not. He slowly nodded.
"I lied to you and I hurt you. I understand if you don't forgive me," he said softly. I made a look of confusion.
"Explain."
"I do have a name... my name hasn't been used in such a long time. Only one person knows it... my name is Dyn Jarren. I hurt you so many times. I don't know how I can forgive myself-"
"You were sick... please, don't blame yourself too much for something you can't control."
"But I could control it! I was selfish, commanding, unruly... I treated you like a slave... I-" he started to tear up. He thought to himself that he really needed to stop being so overly dramatic. He needs to be the tough guy that he is. But for some reason when he is around me, he loses it. His walls go down. He's open.
(Hi, welcome to Dynnie's)
"Hun, I didn't care about myself in that situation. I only cared about you. You see the bruise you gave me? It will heal... and you will heal." He stared at me as the kid cooed.
"I have spoken," I ended my speech. He chuckled happily.
"Oh, and also.. I like your name." He looked away.
"Okay, now that that is thankfully done and over with, let's go..and don't bring this up in the future." He said. I smiled and gave him the kid again, then went to the hallway. I watched him without him knowing, seeing him hug the Child.
"Why must I fall for such an important guy like you?" I whispered before leaving to go to my room.
-
-
-
838 words