"What do you mean the card won't be applicable?", I said.

"Ma'am, our machine isn't working!", The manager said.

"That isn't my problem!"

"Ma'am please cooperate with us"

"How do you expect me to cooperate? I don't have enough money because I gave almost all to those kids and when I am asking whether the card is allowed, you say it isn't gonna work!", I sigh in frustration.

"Ma'am but..."

"Paytm? Google pay?" I asked with a hint of frustration. He looks down and I know what it means.

"Then what the hell do you guys have?!" I shout a little, and that is when I became aware of a presence behind me. The cologne was so strong, familiar yet distant. I chose to ignore it and glared at the manager.

"I'll pay for her", the voice said. His voice was familiar.

"Wh-" my voice got cut short when I turned around and my eyes widened. Him. I was mesmerized. He was so close. Shaking my head, I looked at him and was about to argue when he beat me to it.

"I saw what you did, it's the least I could do for such a kind person", he said.

"N-no sir, you don't need to pay, it's our pleasure to have you in our restaurant", the manager stuttered.

"Well, I'm paying for her, not for me", he said while keeping a hostile gaze on the guy.

"O-ok sir", after that they proceeded with the payment. All the while I stared at the handsome man standing next to me. He was close yet far away from me. My heart was beating so fast. It was going crazy.

"Thank you sir", I said before rushing outside and going home as fast as I could. I was running because a) he was so close to me and yet I couldn't reveal myself and b) because I had to reach before time.

I saw two posh cars in the parking lot of the mansion. I chose to enter from the back door and quickly go to my room but I didn't know that my mother would be there waiting for me at the back door with her arms crossed around her chest and her eyes narrowed.

"What time is it!?", She whisper-yelled. I saw the clock read 8:10. But I still had 20 fucking minutes.

And then came the most awaited thing of the day. My daily dose of slap. This time it was just a little hard and I knew it was gonna leave a little bruise. Usually, she doesn't slap hard.

"Go and change into something presentable, you better not embarrass me this time, these are the only people willing to marry you", she said leaving me shocked and before she left she further said," and don't come down until someone comes to get you"

Marriage? This was the reason she wanted me to come home early. I immediately rushed to my room and slammed my door. I've been running away from my topic of marriage for a long time because for one, all of them would either be chain-smokers or alcoholics and two, I still love him. I don't have much choice left now, I have to marry whoever she wants me to. She's ruling my life after all.

I quickly take a shower and change into my salwar kameez, and apply light make-up in order to hide the small bruise that I've got.

I then sit in my room and wait for someone to call me downstairs. 

                     ❤️❤️❤️❤️

As I stand in the kitchen while waiting for Yash to finish making the juice which I will have to serve because that's how it is in the Indian families. When the groom and his family comes home, the would-be bride does the serving and stuff so that she looks presentable and cultured.

Yash gave me a headphone. The one I've been eyeing for quite some time and I was planning to buy it instead she gave me. After she's done with making the juice I take the tray in my hand and go out. My eyes are cast down as I move and serve the juice. I hear someone clear their throat and I snap my head in that direction and I think I was hallucinating because I saw him. My eyes we wide as I stared at him. His eyes swirled with different emotions. Anger, sadness and happiness.

"Tanvi, go and help your sister-in-law", my mom said snapping me out of my dream world. I quickly rushed inside the kitchen. Yash was looking at me with a smirk.

"How's your surprise?", She said while leaning on the counter.

"You knew?"

"Of course I did, I wanted to know who she was going to get you married to! Wanted to make sure if he wasn't a drunkard", she said while smiling brightly.

"By the smile on your face I can say you like or rather loved you gift a little too much", she chimed in cheekily.

"Shut up!" I grumbled before getting back to work. So I was told by Yash that in order to impress them, I would be cooking a dessert. Not a Biggie. I was gonna make my special chocolate mousse. He loved the chocolate mousse I used to make. Let's hope he still likes it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So guys if you guys don't know what Dal is.

Dal is a term used in the Indian subcontinent for dried, split pulses. The term is also used for various soups prepared from these pulses. 

I hope you guys liked this chapter

QOTD: Which country are you from?

Love,
D❤️