50.

Ryan

Today was the day, the day of the reception and tell me why my ass was nervous. I had been here since 7 this morning and it was now after 10, I came here about an hour or so before babe so I could be ready on time. Kairi, Brooke, my mama, and Travis' girlfriend Mya and their cousin Destiny was in here with me while I got ready. I was getting makeup done when there was a knock on the door. Mya got up and opened it only enough for whoever to see just her. "Ryan in there?" I heard Dave ask her. "Yes I'm in here babe. What's wrong?" I asked about to get up. But my mama and Brooke sat me right back down. "Nothing. I just wanted to tell you that I love you." I smiled as if he could see me,"I love you more." Once he left all the girls joked around about him being soft now. "Girl bye my baby ain't soft he just loves his girl." I said flipping my hair.
"Girl tell me why his behind had on glasses." I chuckled cause I didn't think he was serious when he said he would wear them today. Kairi was sitting in my lap getting her hair done in a neat bun. My stomach was turning flips and I wasn't sure why I assumed it was cause I hadn't ate yet and I had been sitting in hair and makeup for over 2 hours. Once she was finished I got dressed into my dress and helped Kairi into hers. I stood in the mirror with my mama behind me and she was tearing up which made me tear up. "Mama don't cry, we just got our makeup done." I whined. "I can't help it, my only child is getting married. Where has time went? I remember when I was changing your diapers and chasing you around the house.. now you have a baby and husband? Gosh I feel old." I knew she was happy for me but sad that her baby girl was growing up, I embraced her in a hug. "Thank you for everything mama, I love you."
"I love you too Ry." I checked my phone for the time and it was time for the big moment. There was a knock on the door and it was my dad. "Hey ladies it's time to get seated." He said stepping in. Everybody nodding and left out the room leaving just the two of us.
"You ready Boog?" He asked fixing my veil. I let out a nervous sigh, "as ready as I'll ever be." He chuckled, "You got this, today is all about you and David." I nodded taking in what he was saying.
Then he started tearing up which made me start tearing up, "I'm sorry it's just you're an adult now. You know I hadn't been around Kelsey the last 10 years so all these milestones for you make me feel good." Kelsey was my older sister that Dominic had from a previous marriage, her mother and him couldn't ever see eye to eye so she cut him off from her. I hadn't seen her since I was about 11 or 12. So I knew him doing all these things for me made him emotional. I hugged him as he quickly got himself together. Once we were ready it was time for us to head on out and walk down the aisle. Once the music started we began walking down the isle. The double doors opened and when everybody saw me the gasped taking in my look. I looked up and there stood Dave looking good as hell in a tux. It felt like aisle was longer than I thought but before I knew it I was standing in front of him. I took a deep breath to gather my composure cause by this point he was crying.. the music that was being played slowly came to an end.
The minister says, "Who gives this bride to this Groom in marriage?" my dad says, "I do" He then takes my right hand and places it in the Dave's left hand, and returns to his seat next to my mother.
The minister nods and says, "Let us Pray."
"O' Almighty God you have created us all in the image of Love, the image of Yourself. Bless now these two who stand before you. Guide them in your wisdom, shine your light upon them, that as they journey through this life together they will walk as bearers of your Truth. Amen."
I handed my bouquet of flowers to Brooke who was standing right behind me.
"Please join hands." we held each other's hands waiting for what was next.
Minister -- "I ask you each now, to repeat the marriage vows."
"I, David Brewster take you, Ryan Taylor for my wedded wife, To love and cherish, For better or worse, for richer or poorer, In sickness and in health. From this day forward."

"I, Ryan Taylor take you, David Brewster for my wedded husband, To love and cherish, For better or worse, for richer or poorer, In sickness and in health. From this day forward."