1.

Ryan.

I laid on my bed trying to get comfortable in the twin size bed that sat on the floor. It wasn't ideal but it was gonna have to do considering the circumstances of the situation I'm in.
I'm sure you're wondering what the hell happened for me to be sleeping on a bed that's on the floor.
My life wasn't always like this, in fact I guess you could say I had the perfect life. I had a man, a beautiful home, and money. I was living a fairytale up until a few weeks ago. I had been with King off and on since I was in high school. He was a bit older than me by about 9 years. I met him my senior year at the McDonald's I worked at, and he spit game a bagged me. Everything was great the first year and a half, that is until I found out he was sleeping with randoms bitches around the neighborhood that we lived in. I confront him about it, he flips it on me to make it my fault, I feel guilty and we make up. It was a cycle and I dealt with the cheating and disrespect, hell he even started putting his hands on me. I would have to put layers of makeup on just to hide the bruises, my mama didn't even know that's how good I was at covering it up. About a month ago I walked in on him in the bed with some random ass broad, and that's when he told me he didn't want me anymore. He said I wasn't as pretty as I used to be, and to him I was now worthless. To say I was heartbroken was a complete understatement. He made me pack all of my stuff and leave, he took the car he bought for me when I graduated as well as the phone I had. The little money I did have I used to rent this ran down apartment from this old man, it wasn't much but it was a place to stay.
I had 2 bestfriends Brooke and Paris, I met Brooke a few years back in middle school and we met Paris sophomore year of high school. She had just transferred, she was from Japan so her English was broken. After a few months of being in New York she blended right in. And ever since then we became inseparable. I hadn't had any way to contact any of them and I'm sure they were worried considering they knew my situation. Rent was due in a few days and I no longer had any money, I had been eating checkers the last couple of days since it was the cheapest thing and it was right down the street. I had my laptop my mama bought me a few years ago and I desperately was in search of a job.
"Easton Community Development." I said to no one in particular. The website read that they needed an assistant to the CEO. I didn't care what the pay was as long as I made money so I can find a new and much better place. I sent my resume in which wasn't much due to me not having to work that much, but I just hoped they hired me. I said a silent prayer hoping the lord heard me and with that I got a comfortable as I could in the bed and dozed off.

Dave

I sat on my couch and rolled up as Heather gave me head. Heather was a chick from Harlem I met about 2 years ago, and I guess you could say we was together. My phone went off letting me know I was receiving a call, it was my nigga Ghost. I answered cause it could've been sum important shit bout' the trap. "Wassup foo." I said into the phone. "Nothin' was finna stop by da' trap and see how its looking. Monica wanted me to tell you to call her bout' sum important shit." I took a pull from my blunt as the head Heather was giving started to piss me off, like the broad was using her teeth and was making my shit go soft. I slightly pushed her back and stuffed myself back in my sweats. "Aight ima call her and see wassgood. Lemme know how business going there." we said our goodbyes and hung up. "Babe did you not like it?" shawty asked wiping her mouth. "Nah you was using ya teeth and shit, I'm sure you ain't know but that shit hurt." I said getting up, heading out the door. Monica doesn't ever really call me or need me unless its something pertaining to my business. I got in the car and sparked up the blunt that had went out, I dialed her number and put the phone up to my ear.
"Mr.Brewster I'm sorry to bother you but we received a email from a Ryan Taylor, she's interested in the assistant position.." she said, I pulled at my chin hairs.
"Email her back and tell her we'll be conducting an interview Monday morning, oh and Monica?"
"Yes sir?"
"I'll be present for this interview, I wanna check her out myself, cause I'm tired of hiring lazy ass people." I said taking a pull from the blunt and pulled out my driveway.
"I understand sir, have a nice day." she said hanging up. I sat my phone in the cup holder and keyed in the code to open the gate. I pulled out and went by to check on my grandma, I'm sure I'm gonna get an ear full when I make it there. She wanted me to see her more, but I tried to keep the visits limited due to what I did for a living. She wasn't happy about it cause in her eyes I had so much more potential than this shit. I had lost my mama a few years back and I know she would beat my ass if she saw how I turned out. She did all she could to keep me and my brother out the streets but after she died I kinda just gave up on life, God punished me for nothing and I wanted everybody to feel the same I hurt I felt. So my grandma was closest thing to a mother I had and I'm grateful for her, she was my whole heart.
When I pulled into her driveway I saw her car and that let me know that she was indeed home. I hopped out looking around checking my surroundings and went towards the door and knocked. I heard her feet on the other side of the door getting closer and closer.
When the door swung open she gasped surprised to see me standing there.
"I know that ain't David, my lovely grandson who doesn't bring his tall lanky ass to come see me." she said with a frown. I chuckled and pulled her in for a hug, "I'm sorry grandma, I've just been busy." I said kissing her on the cheek as she let me in. "Yeah running them damn streets." she said closing the door going to the kitchen to finish whatever she was cooking on the stove.
I sighed knowing she would never be ok wit what I was doing but I was doing this for us. I kept her bills paid and food in the house, I felt like she did all she could for me so it was my turn to repay her. I sat at the table and asked her how was she doing.
"I'm doing okay my baby, how are you? Are you still with that bobble head lil girl Heather?" she asked stirring the food. She couldn't stand Heather after she basically tried to fuck me while we was visiting, she walked in on Heather getting ass naked in her living room.
Ever since then Heather has tried everything to kiss up to my grandma but she ain't going for it.
"Yes ma'am, she's still around." I said knowing she would roll her eyes and that's exactly what she did.
"Dave I see so much for you and something ain't right about that girl." she pointing her finger at me making sure I was taking in what she said. It's crazy cause Ghost said the same shit a few months ago.
"I know I know. But enough about me, what's been going on wit you and ole dude at the church?" I said as a smirk formed across her face.
"John is great, I really want you to meet him." she said looking at me wit hopeful eyes. "I'll think about it, I know y'all bet not be fucking." she popped me upside the head. "Boy stay outta grown folks business and watch your damn mouth." she said fixing plates and sitting one in front of me. She was a mess and she knew it, but she's been this way for as long as I could remember. We said prayers and ate in a comfortable silence. I wanted to stay longer but I didn't wanna risk being seen here and some niggas come for my grandma, I'll paint the whole city red if something happened to her.
The sun was just now going down when I left, I made my way back to the crib only to see Heather's mom there. I hated to be the one to say it but that bitch worked my last nerve every time she stepped her boujee ass in my house.
"I'm home!" I called out as I walked inside locking the door behind me.
"My goodness Dave do you have to be so loud, my daughter has a headache. You would've known that if you actually stayed here and spent time with her." I clenched my teeth together trying not to bless this bitch. I ignored her and headed to the kitchen to get something to drink, but she followed behind me still talking shit.
"I don't even know what Heather sees in you. Thug ass. " she mumbled but I heard her ass loud and clear. It was funny that she sat up here judging me but who was paying for the house and the 2 cars her and her daughter was driving? This thug ass nigga. "Heather come get yo mama!" I hollered out.
When she turned the corner she saw the look on my face and she quickly grabbed her mama leading her out the kitchen. I'll never let my hands on a woman, my mama raised me better than that. But I'll damn sure cuss they asses out. I felt a headache creeping up, I needed another blunt if I was gonna be dealing wit this shit for the rest of the night. I went upstairs to my room and grabbed a blunt I rolled up the other day, after sparking it up taking a long drag from it I felt the aggravation leaving my body. I smoked at least 2 more and at that point I was sleepy as hell. I walked into the bathroom connected to the room and started the shower. I waited for the water to get hot before I stripped out my clothes and got in. I let the hot water hit my body and I instantly relaxed my tense muscles. After washing up, I turned the shower off and got out. I grabbed the towel wrapping it around my waist. I went to my closet and grabbed a pair of shorts and a t shirt. I dried off and put on my clothes ready to go to sleep. I made sure the whole house was locked up and the cameras were still in tact. You could never be too careful living like this. I said goodnight to Heather's mom Angie. I kept it civil wit her considering her daughter was wit me. I didn't bother staying up waiting on Heather cause I knew she was gonna take a long ass time in the bathroom like she typically did. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out like a light.

-
Thoughts on the first chapter? Just a little background info on Dave and Ryan.