33.

Ryan

The next couple of weeks felt like a dream, we had found a home in Atlanta that we put an offer on, we started packing up our lives in New York to move on to something different, somewhere different. I was mainly excited for Kairi to experience something different and whatnot, I was also excited cause I knew she was no longer in harms way. I was still shaken up by what happened the day of our engagement, so I've been limiting myself from leaving the house. Dave, Baby, and Ghost have been going out at night and not coming home til almost daylight. Part of me feels like he's slipping back into his old ways, and I didn't like it. Cause it's not just him anymore, now it's me and our child. I just didn't want anything happening to them or us, so I was in a rush to leave. I already informed Santana that we'll be moving and he was fine with it, he said he'll be willing to change his location to continue to help me with Sorella.
As far as Dave and his businesses I wasn't so sure, cause I thought he would've just made Baby the main owner and let him hire some help then just run the company from a different state and fly in when needed. But I didn't think thats what his plans were.
I spent most of my morning working and as usual spending my free time with Kai. I've been running Sorella for almost a year and don't get me wrong I love owning my own business but I just felt like it was taking away a lot of my time to spend with my baby. I had one more shipment to get out before the weekend and I was gonna announce that I was taking a break after this week. I just wanna focus on my family and enjoying life, I just hoped the customers would respect my decision.
Kairi was down for a nap when I got a call call from Baby, he was talking too fast for me to make out what he was trying to say. "Hold on hold on, what happened?" I asked. "East has been shot!" when he said those words my phone slipped out my hand. I quickly picked my phone up from off the floor. "Where is he?!" I asked now panicking trying to gather my things. Once he told me what hospital he was in, I hung up dialling my moms number. "Hello?" she said into the phone. "Mama can please come watch Kairi?" I said almost in tears. "What's going on?" she said in a worried tone. "Dave.. He's been shot." I heard shuffling in the background before she said she was on her way. I hung up and rushed upstairs to make sure Kairi was still sleep. Once I checked on her I went back downstairs and paced the floor. Once I heard the doorbell I rushed to open it, my mom came in and engulfed me into a hug. Tears fell from my face but I refused to cry, I knew he was gonna pull through...I really hope so. I told her to call me if Kai woke up and I did everything on the dash to get to the hospital. I ran inside and told the lady at the front desk who I was there for. She gave me the floor number and I ran towards the elevator. I tapped my foot impatiently waiting for the elevator to stop, once it came to a stop I ran out. I spotted Baby, Brooke, and Ghost sitting with their heads down. "Where is he?!" their heads shot up and the rushed towards me. "Ryan please be quiet." Brooke pleaded but I shook my head no. "No is he okay? Where is he?" Baby and Ghost gave me this sympathetic look and that's when the waterworks came. Baby pulled me into a hug,"the bullet hit his spine, he's in surgery but they say he might be permanently paralyzed from the neck down." I sobbed on his chest thinking this couldn't be real life, I just seen him early this morning leaving and he was comepletly fine. Now he's in surgery to remove a bullet from his back. I started to feel myself get lightheaded so they led me to a chair so I could sit down. I looked down at the ring on my finger and instantly thought of all the bad things I thought couldn't happen, they happened. I prayed so many times the last hour and I just hoped the lord heard me.

Brooke

Seeing Ryan this hurt, made my heart hurt. We all knew she loved Dave, we did too but they had this special bond. And I prayed that God doesn't take him away from her, Kairi needed her father and Ryan needed him as well. Here I was 6 months pregnant and I never thought I could love a child the way Ryan loves Kairi but I now understand why she moves the way she does. Then they just got engaged a few weeks ago and now this? I couldn't imagine the way Ry feels but as long as she knows me, Chris, and August are always gonna be there for her no matter what the situation is.

Ryan

A few hours passed and we've yet to hear any updates on Dave. Brooke was asleep on Chris's shoulder and I had my head on Aug's shoulder. I had been checking in on Kairi and everythings been fine with her. I knew if everything went okay with the surgery we was leaving here as soon as possible, there was no more waiting, cause now this was my family that was being played with and I wasn't too happy about it. Right when I was about to doze off a nurse came from the back,"Family of David Brewster?" Baby and I stood up since Chris and Brooke was sleep.
"Relationship of the patient?" she asked us. "I'm his brother and this is his wife." Aug said to her, she nodded and proceeded to talk. "He's stable, he's breathing on his own and the surgery went well. David is a very lucky man, cause surgery went so well there's a big chance he won't be paralyzed. Once the medication wears off and he wakes up, he can have visitors in the room." she said with a smile. I sent a quick thank you to the lord and told her okay, we went back to sit down and all I could think about is how good god has been to me and my loved ones. But if Dave even thinks of continuing to live like this ima beat his ass.

-
I'm in a good mood this morning so I decided to go ahead and update😁new update will be posted at 12 noon Saturday. Oh and can somebody PLEASE send me some recommendations on their fav books? I enjoy writing but I like reading other people's books besides my own🤣so leave suggestions in the comments lol